Best way to buy a used IPhone X

3 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Velvet Jones
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently have an iPhone 6 through ATT. I would like to buy an unlocked IPhone X usable with T-Mobile. Once procured, I will roll it into my company paid plan, so I'm unable to commit to a contract (they will only provide me with and IPhone 8).

Seems like there are renewed iPhones through Amazon, some eBay sellers who sell a ton of used phones, and then a few companies (like gazelle), who specialize in this.

Any advice? I'm leaning eBay, but don't feel great about spending $600-700 on an eBay IPhone.
Sazerac
AG
CL or FB MARKET meet in person
Just bought a 7 this way
RebAg13
AG
I've got a X if you want to wait until September
TMoney2007
AG
cclearman said:

CL or FB MARKET meet in person
Just bought a 7 this way
I think you probably need to meet at a tmobile store to have them check the serial to make sure it isn't reported stolen and can be activated on their network.
maverick2076
Try Swappa.
DRE06
AG
ATT or unlocked and compatible? If so, what the condition, storage size, & color.
DRE06
AG
So found an IPhone X 256gb on Facebook marketplace for $650. Went to the iPhone repair shop off Richmond that was selling it and they said they could have it there within the hour. Obviously shady, but saving $400 vs buying new.

What should my concerns be?
RebAg13
AG
Unlocked, currently on Att. Screen is perfect always had a screen protector and case on it. Somehow it fell once and the back glass cracked but it perfectly usable. I'd take $375 in late September due to the back crack.
Tailgate88
AG
+1 Swappa
RebAg13
AG
Need one now I would use swappa
AggieBarstool
DRE06 said:

So found an IPhone X 256gb on Facebook marketplace for $650. Went to the iPhone repair shop off Richmond that was selling it and they said they could have it there within the hour. Obviously shady, but saving $400 vs buying new.

What should my concerns be?
Stolen, iCloud locked, unauthorized repairs, and/or hidden water damage.
jopatura
AG
Honestly I would be weary of buying any used phone that could still be under contract with the carrier. The newest scam I've seen is where the original owner is still under their two-year lease plan with Apple or the carriers. They sell it to you without having the phone paid off, never actually pay off the phone, then the carriers blacklist it. There's no way to know in advance unless you meet in person at a store and watch them pay off the lease, then you still have to hope they don't claim it stolen on their insurance.

At this point, I only buy new phones and run them into the ground. Minimum three to four years with each phone. The secondary market needs a major upgrade before I can trust it again.
sir charles
Reb, I'm interested. Can you send me pictures of the phone? Thanks!

DRE06
AG
Bought an unlocked Xs 256gb in "mint condition" on swappa for $885 shipped. Came with airpods which I plan to sell to lower my actual cost. Same phone new is $1,244 with sales tax.

Let me know if anyone is interested in some discounted air pods.
Matsui
AG
How much on the AirPods. Email me mattgid at yahoo.
htxag09
AG
Also interested in the AirPods
RebAg13
AG
Used AirPods can have terrible battery life
Velvet Jones
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.