Cell Phone Plan

1,034 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
OldArmyAggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Currently with ATT
2. 5 Cellphones all IPhones 5-10. All but one are paid for. Mine is business however can role anywhere. I am reimbursed.
3. Pay $250.16 a month for 20G of Data. 1 phone payment.

This absolutely sucks that I pay $250 a year for just service. Add phones and it crazy. Yep I know my 3 kids get free phones as long as they make straight A's...my senior daughter will graduate with a 4.0+ in May. Her brothers will most likely follow.

My question: what are some cheaper alternatives?
Fenrir
Not sure if they have a 5 phone plan, but totalwireless has he cheapest family plans I know of. 4 lines with 25 GB data is 95 a month for example. It uses Verizon towers. Been planning on switching but have not yet so cannot speak to quality of service.
The Pilot
AG
Had Cricket Wireless, didn't notice a difference from ATT except for the cheaper bills.

Now have Xfinity and that's even cheaper. Only pay $12/gig of data or $45 for unlimited.
permabull
AG
eric76
AG
I'm not a heavy cell phone user.

I just use a trakfone. It runs roughly $100 per year.
Tomdoss92
AG
ATM1876 said:

Cricket Wireless is owned by AT&T so it uses the same network that you're currently on. Details of their Unlimited Plan:
Quote:

Be Unlimited. Enjoy savings when you select the Unlimited Plan. Discounts apply to eligible lines 2-5 on the same account:

2 Lines - $80/mo ($30 discount)
3 Lines - $90/mo ($75 discount)
4 Lines - $100/mo ($120 discount)
5 Lines - $125/mo ($150 discount)
*Data speed limited to max of 3 Mbps. Video streaming at SD quality (about 480p).

After 22GB/line/mo, you may experience slower speeds than other Cricket customers during network congestion.
3 Mbps is definitely slow but still usable (install 1Blocker X to speed up page loads in Safari) and it'd save you $1500/year. All of your current phones would also work so you wouldn't have to buy new ones.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans
we use cricket with the old family plan... 5 lines for $100/month but 5gb per line (not combined 5gb each). we thought about switching to unlimited but view the data limit as a feature for kid phones and we rarely touch the limit on ours.
texsn95
AG
We're about to switch to Cricket from ATT with 3 lines and will cut our bill in half.
SlobberKnock
AG
On Cricket with family of 5. Have 5 lines for $100 bucks a month 5 GB high speed data. Not sure if they still have that plan but i know they have one for 4 lines... It's been great. All phones paid for. Some phones from swappa others bought unlocked.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
When people switch from AT&T to Cricket what do they do with their Cellular (sim card) iPads?
BEaggie08
AG
Use them as WiFi iPads?

Or you can add it to your Cricket account as a phone. This is apparently against the TOS, but others do it and say it works fine.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
BEaggie08 said:

Use them as WiFi iPads?

Or you can add it to your Cricket account as a phone. This is apparently against the TOS, but others do it and say it works fine.
Thanks, we just like having a go anywhere ready to use internet device without going thru setting up a hotspot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.