Prime Day

4,103 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just bought my wife a series 3 38mm apple watch w/ cellular for $225.

What have you seen?
Ranger222
AG
Live blog to keep up with the lightning deals -- https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/live-blog-the-best-prime-day-lightning-deals-1835882820?rev=1561575878365&ks=specialsection
Old School Brother
blink xt2 camera kits are on a pretty good discount. 2 camera kit for $99, regular $179.
aTm2004
AG
I'd be all over them if they still integrated with Smartthings.
Wildmen03
AG
I traded in 2 old kindle devices for $20 credit plus 25% off a new kindle. Got a 32gb Kindle 10 for $47 plus tax.
AgFB
AG
I pulled the trigger on a ring security system and blink XT2 camera system. Will see if running them together is too much of a beating. If so might just spring fro the ring cameras. Really wish one company did both very well.

Also got the wife the cellular apple watch. She's been bugging me to upgrade to the cellular and that's a good deal.
Old School Brother
aTm2004 said:

what are you wanting to do with them? won't they work with IFTTT?
aTm2004
AG
Old School Brother said:

aTm2004 said:

what are you wanting to do with them? won't they work with IFTTT?
This is where me not being as tech savvy as I'd like comes into play. I would like for it to work similar to my Skybell. I have it set that during certain times (when we're asleep) that if it detects motion, it turns on a lamp in the master bedroom as well as increases the brightness of the porch light from 30% to 100% (I have that dim when the "goodnight" scene is activated). There's also the ability to have them start recording if a door/window opens and they're not within the motion zone.

I'm sure I can search the ST forum and find people who have written code for it and integrate it via Github like I've done for a vacation lighting and an Ecobee update that allows it to follow the Ecobee to function normally but also change as we come and go. The native ST integration for Ecobee doesn't allow for this, thus when I want sensors in the bedrooms to be the only ones active during "sleep," the ones active during "home" remain active as ST won't let it change to "sleep" at the assigned time as it held a program. I had different scenes for each, but that was very cumbersome to make sure there weren't any conflicts and I could never get it to work right.
Gigem314
AG
$10 off Google WiFi single pack and $20 off the 3-pack
Thunder18
AG
Grabbed a ring 2 mainly to keep an eye on package deliveries moving forward. Almost grabbed the blink cams but my wife got scared off by the mixed reviews
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Eero pro package for 199 base and two beacons included
Fenrir
Anybody have experience with lg v35 thinq? It is on sale and looks really great spec wise but always concerned about how good a phone's battery and camera really are.
Frozen Concoction
It's an LG, so it'll probably brick or boot loop on you within 13 months.
Pman17
AG
Gigem314 said:

$10 off Google WiFi single pack and $20 off the 3-pack
Amazon owned Eero 50% off
bco2003
AG
Fenrir said:

Anybody have experience with lg v35 thinq? It is on sale and looks really great spec wise but always concerned about how good a phone's battery and camera really are.
My LG v30 is the best Android I've owned. My wife has a G7 and it works well also.
Old School Brother
Thunder18 said:

Grabbed a ring 2 mainly to keep an eye on package deliveries moving forward. Almost grabbed the blink cams but my wife got scared off by the mixed reviews
FYI, I think a lot of the super negative reviews are from before they released their latest software updates. I saw several reviews that were updated in June to say that most of their issues were resolved. For $99 for a 2 pack, i'm going to give them a shot, mainly because I don't want to climb into my attic in July, August or September to run power/ethernet to the places where I want to mount outdoor cameras . If they don't work out, I'll run wires to those spots over the winter and get some cheap wired cameras.
Average Joe
AG
Picked up the 14 piece Ring Alarm System. It was $199 down from $329, and there is a $50 Discover discount for using discover points on Amazon purchases. Got it for ~164 for an Echo dot, base station, 2 keypads, 8 door/windows sensors, 2 motions and a range extender. I might do the $99 Ring Doorbell 2 by ordering over Alexa, but haven't decided.

Discover Deal
https://slickdeals.net/f/13218940-amazon-discover-cardholders-pay-w-points-get-20-off-max-50

Ring Doorbell 2
https://slickdeals.net/f/13219423-alexa-voice-shopping-offer-ring-video-doorbell-2-100-valid-on-alexa-enabled-devices-only?src=frontpage
Gordon McKernan
What is better, Eero or Netgear Orbi??? House is 2700 sq ft but I am most concerned with wanting to get better wifi coverage in my garage, front door (ring doorbell never has good connection) & back patio. Plus, better coverage in certain parts of the home.

https://smile.amazon.com/eero-Pro-WiFi-System-eeros/dp/B0713ZCT4N/ref=sr_1_3?crid=249LIC7YX1YS0&keywords=eero%2Bhome%2Bwifi%2Bsystem%2Bpack%2Bof%2B3&qid=1563221449&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=eero%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-3&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Orbi-Whole-Home-System/dp/B07CQDHPFT/ref=sr_1_7?crid=249LIC7YX1YS0&keywords=eero+home+wifi+system+pack+of+3&qid=1563221484&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=eero%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-7
Vade281
AG
Orbi
https://www.costco.com/NETGEAR-Orbi-Whole-Home-Mesh-WiFi-System%2c-with-Advanced-Cyber-Threat-Protection%2c-3-pack.product.100483036.html
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
jagouar1
AG
all the echo's are on sale... got a echo show 5 for my bedroom.

I've also gone all in on the blink stuff... they aren't perfect but considering its limitations they work really well. also really like not having a monthly subscription for cameras.
AgFB
AG
Bought an orbi last week - very easy setup but soon had major issues. Called Netgear today, talked to "Susan" and all seems to be back to normal around the house. The wife and kids have stopped yelling at me about the interwebs being broken so success. Coverage is pretty solid.
Mike92
AG
AgFB said:

Bought an orbi last week - very easy setup but soon had major issues. Called Netgear today, talked to "Susan" and all seems to be back to normal around the house. The wife and kids have stopped yelling at me about the interwebs being broken so success. Coverage is pretty solid.
What did they do to fix it? I'm getting the same complaints from my wife and son occasionally.
AgFB
AG
I'm not a techy, so not sure really. They went to the orbilogin.net page, had me go into advanced settings and changed a setting to AP if I remember correctly.

It had something to do with my old AT&T modem still trying to be the router. Sorry I'm not more help.
Pman17
AG
Got the new Echo Show 5 for under $30. How? I prepared for this day by trading in in my 1st Gen Echo two weeks ago for a 25% off coupon and $25 gift card.

Pulled the trigger on the Eero. I think my router is over 5 years old. I wish they did the financing option. Did that last prime day with the fire tablet. Looks like they disabled it for Prime Day.
hph6203
AG
AT&T is stupid and won't let you pass IP responsibilities to a third party router so you either have to set the modem up with one assignable IP with DMZ (I believe this is how it works, I don't do it because I'm not savvy with networking and haven't researched it extensively enough) and then assign that IP to your router to avoid routing issues or setup your Orbi as just an access point (AP). It's not because your modem is old, although it might be.
Pman17
AG
hph6203 said:

AT&T is stupid and won't let you pass IP responsibilities to a third party router so you either have to set the modem up with one assignable IP with DMZ (I believe this is how it works, I don't do it because I'm not savvy with networking and haven't researched it extensively enough) and then assign that IP to your router to avoid routing issues or setup your Orbi as just an access point (AP). It's not because your modem is old, although it might be.
I've done it. It's not too difficult, basically plug the third party router into the AT&T modem/router. Log into the AT&T router via http://192.168.1.254 in web browser. Username and password is on the back of the router. Then check that your AT&T router and third party router doesn't match IP addresses, open up all ports via DMZ Plus to the new router, and disable the Wifi Signal to the AT&T router.

I think you'll need a laptop with a wired ethernet connection to do this.

Tutorial here:
https://dfarq.homeip.net/how-to-use-your-own-router-with-att-u-verse-or-att-fiber/
aggieforester05
AG
bco2003 said:

Fenrir said:

My LG v30 is the best Android I've owned. My wife has a G7 and it works well also.
My LG V10 was ridiculously bad. The micro usb port only lasted two weeks and the battery was dead before lunch everyday. The camera was excellent though and the metal construction was nice. Just hard to keep the damn thing charged with poor battery life and wireless only charging or battery swapping.
BCG Disciple
AG
Sonos Beam for $259. Pretty crazy.
bbattbq01
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Sonos Beam for $259. Pretty crazy.

I bought that and another sonos:1. plus the mission impossible collection in 4K for 60 bucks. Prime day is officially more painful than steam sales now!
dude95
AG
Gordon McKernan said:

What is better, Eero or Netgear Orbi??? House is 2700 sq ft but I am most concerned with wanting to get better wifi coverage in my garage, front door (ring doorbell never has good connection) & back patio. Plus, better coverage in certain parts of the home.

https://smile.amazon.com/eero-Pro-WiFi-System-eeros/dp/B0713ZCT4N/ref=sr_1_3?crid=249LIC7YX1YS0&keywords=eero%2Bhome%2Bwifi%2Bsystem%2Bpack%2Bof%2B3&qid=1563221449&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=eero%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-3&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Orbi-Whole-Home-System/dp/B07CQDHPFT/ref=sr_1_7?crid=249LIC7YX1YS0&keywords=eero+home+wifi+system+pack+of+3&qid=1563221484&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=eero%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-7
Have had the Orbi for a couple of years. Solid in a two story 4200 sq ft house. Will reach to outside a bit also. Every once in a while one of the satellites won't be signalling (once every 6 months), but I've got the app on my phone and can simply restart.
TMoney2007
AG
Pman17 said:

hph6203 said:

I've done it. It's not too difficult, basically plug the third party router into the AT&T modem/router. Log into the AT&T router via http://192.168.1.254 in web browser. Username and password is on the back of the router. Then check that your AT&T router and third party router doesn't match IP addresses, open up all ports via DMZ Plus to the new router, and disable the Wifi Signal to the AT&T router.

I think you'll need a laptop with a wired ethernet connection to do this.

Tutorial here:
https://dfarq.homeip.net/how-to-use-your-own-router-with-att-u-verse-or-att-fiber/
Until they push out an update that breaks the DMZ functionality and makes it impossible to get your plex server to work outside your network,...

Not bitter.

I bought some tools at prime day. I got some precision screwdrivers that were on sale. A Bosch wood router for $50 off the normal price.

Also, I got a dewalt green cross laser for $50 off or about $20 cheaper than I've ever seen it and about $100 less than it normally is.

If you have a Discover Rewards card, link it to your Amazon account.
Then go to this link: Buy with Discover Points get 20% off and click the button.
Then add something sold by Amazon to the card.
Check out and spend at least $1 worth of discover rewards points and you should get 20% off the price before the prime day discount.

I bought something that was $250, then prime day had it $25 off. The 20% discount brought it down another $50.
jm94
AG
Got a no name brand 32" Roku TV for $100 for the guest room.
bco2003
AG
Got a MyQ WiFi garage door opener for $30. They were around $100 a year ago, and recently seem to go for $50.
Cappo
AG
Got a Google Pixel 3 for 33% off
ABATTBQ11
AG
Picked up a 6.5qt ninja foodi. Should come in tomorrow, so I'm looking up recipes. Someone had one at a Christmas party we went to and the chicken nachos that came out of it were amazing. I couldn't brought they started with frozen chicken breasts like 30 minutes before we got there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.