iOS 13

6,632 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Downgraded
Al Bula
AG
Something photo-related iOS even in 13 beta is severely lacking is grouping by the date taken attribute and not the date created.

If you upload all your photos to iCloud, you have two main views: the Photos view which sorts by date sequentially but breaks down by day and location and the All Photos album which is the time/date stamp the photos were created in iCloud.

Like I said in a previous post, 13 does a little better but neither of these views matches Google's capabilities.

OneDrive is even more frustrating when you upload the media because it uses another attribute when the file was created on the local machine it was saved on.

It bugs me to no end there is no universal standard for displaying when a photo or video is taken vs when a file is created.

I'm sure there's some consortium out there trying to align on media metadata but nothing has made its way to the end user and it sucks for managing a large number of files.

I need to start a thread on photo and device metadata management.

(End of geek-out rant)
Phat32
AG
Public beta 3 out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.