At Last, Death Stranding has an official release date!

7,762 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jokershady
HortAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
November 8th 2019

Also a new trailer:

It certainly seems like a new and interesting concept with influences from the Metal Gear series. I'm excited for this one!
jokershady
AG
Prime0882
AG
Stupid@17
AG
Ya...based upon that, ....I don't know what the hell is going on.
jokershady
AG
Stupid@17 said:

Ya...based upon that, ....I don't know what the hell is going on.
Theres a whole lot of other trailers that give different information.

Piece it all together from all the trailers and.....you still won't fully know much at all actually but still I'll be pre-ordering this (or the wife will as a b-day present)
jokershady
AG
Should get a least 2 or 3 "WTF's" from these....

Laser Wolf
From the YouTube comments:

Finally, all the answers questioned!
FIDO95
AG
Joker, I checked out the trailer after you mentioned it last night. F.U.!! I had nightmares about that creepy baby all night!?!

This one seems to check a lot of boxes for me. Dystopia, check. Open world, check. Compelling story, check. A "mans man" main character, check. As long as I can secure a steady supply of anti-anxiety meds and sleep aids before release, I should be able to block out the fetal backpack and I'll likely pick this up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
War between the living and the dead in purgatory and the babies act as a bridge between the worlds with some environmentalist flair thrown in.
jokershady
AG
hph6203 said:

War between the living and the dead in purgatory and the babies act as a bridge between the worlds with some environmentalist flair thrown in.
OR....

The babies become clones of those they're attached too....so when people die in this world by fast aging (shows up in other trailers) their baby clone becomes them as an adult.

OR....

The babies can also become possessed by the PT's (there's baby dolls that appear to come to life)

OR....

This is also connected to Metal Gear Solid (remember The Sorrow in Snake Eater who had a persistent tear down his cheek? Notice all the tears in the trailers?)

OR....

This is connected to the PT teaser that was supposed to be a Silent Hill game before Konami kicked Hideo Kojima to the curb (one of the groups of bad guys in this are called PTs and the use of creepy babies coincides with the premature crying fetus baby in the sink in PT)

AND ALSO....

There's the whole "Strand Game" that Kojima productions trademarked earlier this year due to this being a whole new genre of game....

OR....

Who TF knows?
jokershady
AG
Ya I love Hideo Kojima. The horror game he had planned got axed so I'm hoping aspects of that show up in this. The dude has a crazy imagination that's for sure.

And HortAg09? Which floor were you on in Hotard and were you there for it's last year before it closed?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Kojima is one of those creators that I genuinely struggle to figure out what my feelings are towards him. When I played through MGS2 and Snake Eater the first time I thought they were the greatest games ever made. I didn't understand a lot of what the dialogue and plot were presenting but I left it to the idea that I was just young and didn't fully understand the underlying messages being presented. As I got older and he released MGS4 and 5 I finally realized that it wasn't my age. It was that he just straight up sucks at telling a story.

As I play through these games it feels like everything happening is just an improvisation. Like as he was writing this thing he took some drugs, and didn't stop until it was finished. He never looked back at what he wrote and he never retouched anything after. The dialogue doesn't translate well and even if it did it still struggles to make sense. And then he tends to get hung up on ideas about war and violence and mercenaries and government and beats them to death in every game. I guarantee we'll hear the term "we need to reconnect" 35,000 times in this one.

Now, on the other hand from a gameplay visionary and refiner he's second to none. I've never played games that are as polished and full of interesting mechanics as his. And his visuals are always at the bleeding edge. I've never played games like MGS2 and 3 that make me want to go back and replay an entire 10-15 hour story a dozen times.

I just wish he had an adviser or something to help him filter out the good and bad. It's like he'll come up with 50 incredible ideas for a game along with 50 cringe-worthy ideas and throw them all in.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Kojima to me is basically Tarantino. Completely original, obviously has a unique vision, lacks any kind of real restraint (for better or worse), but pretty much a genius in his respective industry.
FIDO95
AG
Maybe it really just boils down to a cultural thing and some of it gets lost in translation. Japanese things sometimes make no sense but still entertaining as hell.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HortAg09
AG
I never lived on campus but I did go in there a couple times after the remodel and turned it into offices.

And yes Kojima is a very creative individual. Anything he makes I have complete faith in due to his history. So pumped for this game. I feel like the sky is the limit for him, well actually the moon according to the trailer, and not having to cater to a studio should unleash every bit of his ability. I love that he is willing to push people's comfort levels in his games. I also love how he mixes his vision of the future of western civilization.
jokershady
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Kojima to me is basically Tarantino. Completely original, obviously has a unique vision, lacks any kind of real restraint (for better or worse), but pretty much a genius in his respective industry.
great comparison!

This makes it so upsetting that PT never made its way into a game...could have been an insane experience playing a horror game by Hideo Kojima
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I've never sat through a Tarantino movie questioning how any of what's going on makes sense. Sorry. This game has looked like complete nonsense from the first trailer. But I'll give you that it looks completely original. I hope it surpasses my expectations and opens the door to more original game ideas. I will say there has to be something to it if they've been able to attract the caliber of actors they have, right? That gives me hope.
Fenrir
Kojima trailer never make sense.
jokershady
AG
It's online for pre-order on PlayStation Store!

jokershady
AG
Here's another short video introducing a character we haven't seen yet

jokershady
AG
More gameplay footage is getting released and cutscenes

jokershady
AG
Dafuq?

swc93
AG
Never finished Walking Dead series; when did Daryl lose his crossbow?
jokershady
AG
swc93 said:

Never finished Walking Dead series; when did Daryl lose his crossbow?
When Hideo Kojima casted him in PT and he went insane
rbcs_2
AG
jokershady said:

Dafuq?

How did this even get made it's so gotdang weird...
TonsterPS
AGinHI
AG
New vid

Please help me understand the excitement
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
jokershady
AG
Two words:

Hideo Kojima

Also the whole idea around this game is that Hideo is trying to invent a new genre of gaming, much like he did with Metal Gear and the stealth genre.....even went as far as to trademark the term "strand game" which is what he's calling it.

The whole concept is still a mystery around gameplay, but recently 50 minutes of gameplay footage was released....and personally I'm trying to stay as far away now from anything being spoiled as possible.

There's also been people from different companies and people Hideo personally knows that he's let sample certain parts and everyone has essentially had the same response: "you've never seen anything like this."

That's in a nutshell. Honestly I could go on and on
jokershady
AG
Chase McGuire
Launch trailer. Incomprehensible and perfect.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Halibut
AG
I kind of wish I hadn't watched that trailer. There's some (maybe?) spoilerish stuff that I would have rather been surprised by playing it instead of watching it in a video.

But it's Kojima, so it's totally possible everything in the trailer is a red herring.
Chase McGuire
Who knows with Kojima?

Honestly, I think trying to figure out this game's plot before playing it is a fool's errand. I have no idea what this game is about other than the basic premise. I'm sure the trailer didn't give everything away.
FIDO95
AG
I can't decide if I'm dropping money on this. If I do, I'm going to be pissed if I'm just a futuristic Fedex delivery guy:

FIDO95
AG
Not necessarily a Conan fan but the 3D generator cameras are the 5:00 mark was some impressive technology:

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.