Android - how to get contacts to SIM

412 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yellerjacket
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All,
My son's phone is acting up (browser locking up etc). I need to figure out how to get the contacts to the SIM card or copied over to a computer so I can restore them after a reset. Not sure what is going on with this phone (contacts app does not have the "manage contacts" option like mine does). It only will "export" a vcd file with one contact in it. I also cannot find the folder that contains the contacts when I move everything over to a PC. It seems to have some other option in regards to "moving" the contacts to some sort of Google account. I don't want to do that, because I don't understand how that works.

His phone is I believe marshmallow 6.xx and mine is marshmallow 7.xx. Mine shows a "manage contacts" and allows me to export to the SIM. His seems to be acting completely differently.

Am I missing something here? I can't believe it would be this hard to get the contact files backed up to a PC or sim card.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Pretty sure I had this same problem, finally went the Google route and everything worked out with ease. I know it's not the way you want to move them, but going the routes you have tried would not work for me.
Aero95
AG
By far the easiest way will be to make a Google account for him and sync the contacts that way. Sign in on the next phone and they should sync down from the all-knowing Google overlord cloud.
Bonfire97
AG
Thanks for the replies. I will try and set that up. I thought for sure there should have been an easier way to do this. Must be some sort of contract with Google or something......
Yellerjacket
If his contacts aren't associated with a Google account, wouldn't they already be saved to the Sim card?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.