E3 Rumor - FROM/GRRM Collaboration

1,123 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hunter2012
spag.ag2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So this rumor came out in March that FROM SOFTWARE were collaborating with GRRM on their next game - it came out around April Fools and was pretty much summarily dismissed. A Martin/Miyazaki team-up? Too crazy of a thought to even be entertained.

Fast forward to today - GRRM posted a long update on his blog detailing numerous things (the end of GoT, still working on Winds, and many "other projects"). One of those other projects is apparently his consultation on a video game made in Japan. To add fuel to the fire, Ty Franck (this is one half of the fictional James S.A. Corey, author The Expanse book series) has confirmed he has written stuff for FROM. Why does that matter? Ty Franck is GRRM's one time assistant and they are still close.

The other bit of smoke is that there is a ton of buzz that FROM will be presenting a new game at E3 (despite Sekiro just dropping a few months ago).

This might actually be happening...

hunter2012
AG
Well GRRM needs a new excuse to delay finishing the books so why not. How about a Dark Souls type game beyond the wall. Or a stealth game where you become a faceless man.
spag.ag2003
AG
Would be awesome if it was set in Valyria before the Doom but word is this will not be related to the Ice and Fire universe at all - brand new setting.
mazag08
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

Would be awesome if it was set in Valyria before the Doom but word is this will not be related to the Ice and Fire universe at all - brand new setting.

That's sad.

I want a game with the exact style of gameplay as Starcraft but set in the I&F universe.
Eliminatus
AG
Settings like that scream for RPG development. Both free action like Skyrim and more story based like KOTOR.

Ok, maybe it's just me screaming for that but regardless, I wants them!!
Tomdoss92
AG
i'm seeing a game where you try to get through all of the seedy parts of kings landing without catching any diseases/siring any royal ******** and keeping all your parts permanently attached.

AO rating
hunter2012
AG
mazag08 said:

spag.ag2003 said:

That's sad.

I want a game with the exact style of gameplay as Starcraft but set in the I&F universe.

Even better there's a full campaign mod for Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.