HS Graduation Gift

910 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Absolute
CowboyGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for suggestions for a high school graduation gift for my nephew. As far as I can tell his only interests are computers and video games. He's starting college in the fall in a computer science/cyber security program at the University of Ontario. I'd like to get him something that is either cool enough or useful enough that he'll keep it for a few years.

First thought was a nice laptop backpack. He's getting a free one from the school, so this would be more of a nicer one for when he has internships/job etc. If this is a good idea, what brands and functions should it have?

If I could get some legit video game memorabilia, he'd like that. I don't mean stuff that is licensed for commercial production - I'm talking about original work produced by the company type stuff (e.g., artwork, a chunk of code, etc.). You used to be able to buy individual original cells from Disney cartoons - something along those lines. He likes Pokemon, Zelda, Minecraft (Pokemon Minecraft) I know for sure.

Also thought about stock in a video game company or something along those lines.

I'm not limited to just these ideas. I'm willing to spend around $300 to get something good. Any ideas welcome!

Thanks!

AggieBarstool
Money.
NavyAg22
Amazon gift card is a possibility.
Post removed:
by user
91AggieLawyer
AG
Cash or Visa/Amazon gift card. I know you mean well but if you want him to get what he wants, this is what you'll get him.
FatZilla
AG
Shame on TA for not mentioning hookers and blow yet...

As for gift ideas, peruse this site. Lots of cool nerd stuff. https://www.thinkgeek.com
adamrod
I used to give really big thumb drives, but I think all the kids just upload to the cloud now and hope they don't have connection problems.
Pman17
AG
I always appreciated gift cards or cash to save up for a big item. For college graduation I got mostly cash and put all of that towards a DSLR Camera. I think during college I saved up Christmas money for an iPad 2 which I took all of my class notes on and had pirated textbook PDFs on it which saved me $100s of dollars.
saw em off
Perfect gift especially if he's going into cybersecurity

BrokeAssAggie
Quote:

He's starting college in the fall in a computer science/cyber security program at the University of Ontario. I'd like to get him something that is either cool enough or useful enough that he'll keep it for a few years
https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/nuclei-ar-jacket

Jasomania
AG
If he has an iPhone and doesn't already have it i'd suggest an apple watch or airpods.
a Nintendo switch would be good for college
A kindle fire 10 inch / a galaxy tab / ipad for textbooks and what not.
Gift subscriptions to spotify / neflix / amazon prime

If all else fails you can't go wrong with a power bank and cash.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-13000mAh-VoltageBoost-Technology/dp/B072155XVX/

Absolute
AG
Hate to admit it, sounds like you are really trying hard,but the only js graduation gift I remember was the uncle that gave me a 100 bucks. Others might have spent similar on stuff, but.....

Of course I'm old, maybe kids are different now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.