Anyway to get Amazon to replace a stolen package?

2,796 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TMoney2007
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have googled it and scoured the website so what am I missing? Only info I can find on packages that say delivered is verify your shipping address, etc, but they say nothing about recourse when it's just flat out not there.

It says the package was delivered yesterday afternoon. I returned home today and the package is nowhere to be found. Checked all around the house, asked neighbors, etc. Nothing.

I can only assume some low life POS snatched the package off my porch. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to find only nicotine gum was inside of it.

Is there anyway to file a claim or ask for them to send me another package? I can go buy what I need at Walgreens but I'd still like to get my moneys worth.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
John Beckwith
AG
Just send a message that it isn't there? That's worked for me every time
CubbieAggie
AG
Doesn't necessarily mean that the package was snatched. There's at least 1 delivery service for Amazon that is notorious for not actually delivering packages. Who was supposed to deliver the package?
FatZilla
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Have googled it and scoured the website so what am I missing? Only info I can find on packages that say delivered is verify your shipping address, etc, but they say nothing about recourse when it's just flat out not there.

It says the package was delivered yesterday afternoon. I returned home today and the package is nowhere to be found. Checked all around the house, asked neighbors, etc. Nothing.

I can only assume some low life POS snatched the package off my porch. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to find only nicotine gum was inside of it.

Is there anyway to file a claim or ask for them to send me another package? I can go buy what I need at Walgreens but I'd still like to get my moneys worth.
Had this happen with USPS many times. The lazy *******s scan a package so it looks delivered "on time" but never deliver it until 2-3 days later. I file a complaint with the postmaster at my local branch and that usually makes it show up the next day. If it doesnt then i ask amazon to replace it as a misdelivered package.
WoMD
Not sure why this is even a question. Tell them it wasn't delivered and they'll replace it. Seriously, it's that easy.

This **** literally happens all the time. They're used to it, especially since their own delivery service is filled with incompetent idiots, so they're constantly messing up deliveries. They accept these losses and I'd expect that it costs them less to replace items regularly than the money they're saving by using the bargain bin delivery option they've turned to.
The Collective
AG
Open chat & tell them what happened.
Eliminatus
AG
Just tell 'em. They will make it right. Happens to me about once a year. I let them know. They then will either refund me full amount or resend a whole new package with an apology for the original disappearing. Has never taken more than about 5 minutes.
BenFiasco14
AG
WoMD said:

Not sure why this is even a question. Tell them it wasn't delivered and they'll replace it. Seriously, it's that easy.

This **** literally happens all the time. They're used to it, especially since their own delivery service is filled with incompetent idiots, so they're constantly messing up deliveries. They accept these losses and I'd expect that it costs them less to replace items regularly than the money they're saving by using the bargain bin delivery option they've turned to.
figured it out through the app. Website sucks. App was easy.
CoppellAg93
AG
Would the package fit in your mailbox ? I've had several instances where the package was put in my mailbox unexpectedly, based on the carrier.

Might be worth a quick check.
BenFiasco14
AG
I checked. No avail. The package was either lost, stolen, or the carrier lied and said it was delivered.

I used the Amazon App to get in touch with the customer service chat and they're sending me a replacement which should be here tomorrow.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Yeah, they'll just send another one is my guess.

We had a time in the past where my mother in law sent a cast iron skillet to my wife and it said "delivered" but wasn't there. They just sent another one and then a few days later, the misdelivered one was properly delivered and they just said keep them both.

texasaggie04
AG
As somebody mentioned above, usually wait two days first. Sometimes it scans as delivered when it hasn't actually gone out for delivery. This has happened to me before and I talked to Amazon and they sent me a new package. Then the original turned up and I had two.
Unemployed
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

WoMD said:

nm

bankshot11
AG
This happens to me every time I order from Amazon, which is why I won't be renewing my Prime later this year. USPS is entirely at fault as they mark the packages as delivered, but take an extra 2-3 days to actually deliver them. No point in paying $120 a year for free 5 day shipping
aggiedata
AG
Usually when this happens, USPS or Amazon Delivery drivers delivers the package to the wrong address. I call to get another one and some random neighbor drops off the original. Now I have 2. I tried to return it and they credited my account. Now I have a free one. Happens too many times to all my neighbors. Not sure why the incompetence is allowed.
bco2003
AG
Amazon (Amazon themselves, not UPS or USPS) attempted to deliver a package to me this week, and even provided the picture of the package lying on the porch, as proof of delivery.

Problem was, it clearly wasn't my porch. They delivered it to the wrong address.

The nice neighbor (don't know who it was exactly, saw him walk up on my surveillance cameras) brought it by the next morning.

Their picture proof of delivery feature is nice, especially when they screw up.

And I'm sure had the neighbor stolen the package, Amazon would've replaced it with little hassle.
aggiedata
AG
this is what happened to me.. crazy.
Redstone
AG
Contact customer service and let them know. They are used to dealing with this issue.

We've been Prime members for approaching a decade and haven't had an issue with customer service. They are pretty good.
WoMD
Redstone said:

Contact customer service and let them know. They are used to dealing with this issue.

We've been Prime members for approaching a decade and haven't had an issue with customer service. They are pretty good.

Prime has nothing to do with it. Paying a ton for prime doesn't help with getting your packages vs if you don't have it, and they fix the problems the same as if you don't have it. And two day shipping has become a joke. I often get packages within the same time period now as when I had prime.

Only difference is now I have to hit the minimum for free shipping. Which, to be honest, allows me to think through if I really need to buy that specific item or not, so I find I end up saving even more money...
bmc13
AG
texasaggie04 said:

As somebody mentioned above, usually wait two days first. Sometimes it scans as delivered when it hasn't actually gone out for delivery. This has happened to me before and I talked to Amazon and they sent me a new package. Then the original turned up and I had two.

the problem is they advertise 2 day or fewer delivery. i don't like to wait extra for something they said would be here yesterday :/
trueaggie2782
AG
bankshot11 said:

This happens to me every time I order from Amazon, which is why I won't be renewing my Prime later this year. USPS is entirely at fault as they mark the packages as delivered, but take an extra 2-3 days to actually deliver them. No point in paying $120 a year for free 5 day shipping

USPS and Amazon Logistics are both terrible. If you have issues and want to keep prime, just call customer support and have them demote those 2 services on the shipping list. You likely won't get same day or one day delivery anymore but UPS and FedEx have been nails with the 2 day delivery. And at that point, you're actually supporting businesses that somewhat give a crap about service.
Icecream_Ag
S
FedEx is the only company that delivers to my door. Every other group drop it at the front office and then marks delivered to resident.

I finally called and told Amazon all my packages need to be marked deliver to my door only. Usps and ups both ignored that. FedEx wouldn't deliver without me there so put a note on my door that they left it at the office. Need to remember to have them marked as preferred delivery service
91AggieLawyer
AG
bankshot11 said:

I order between 4 and 10 times a month from Amazon, have done so and had prime for many years, and literally have never had that happened. That's not to say I like it when they use USPS -- I don't, as they will ruin more packages by stuffing them in the mailboxes. So I send them back and all but beg Amazon to quit using USPS but about the only way to do that is to order enough stuff so it ships all at once.

I guess my location makes all the difference in the world here.
Redstone
AG
As Prime members we've never had a problem
Phat32
AG
Is this a question? Post on TA vs use their super easy customer support page?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Do you have an Amazon locker in your area? Not as convenient but it is quick and easy. I use it at indoor locations to receive electronics.
TMoney2007
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Do you have an Amazon locker in your area? Not as convenient but it is quick and easy. I use it at indoor locations to receive electronics.
That whole system seems to be dying before it gets off the ground. The closest one to me is like 20-30 minutes away from home and there isn't one close to my route home (which is long).
bco2003
AG
Speaking of the Amazon lockers, my father in law mentioned he was able to return an item to a locker recently, as opposed to paying the $7 return shipping fee. The locker location was again a little out of the way, but nice to have that option to save the return shipping fee.
Jasomania
AG
I've had this happen several times and it generally was USPS delivering to the wrong house. I usually wait a couple of days to see if it shows up before alerting Amazon. Most of the time it's like others have said and it was marked as delivered but USPS didn't actually deliver it until the next day or a neighbor brings it by (our USPS driver was terrible and finally retired so its been better since then).

Over Christmas we had a really odd one though, it was marked as delivered and never showed up. I waited a couple of days and then made the claim to amazon and they resent the package. Then over two months later the original package just shows up one day. Still unopened and didn't looked tampered, but it was in my mail box so i guess the USPS had it the whole time.
Icecream_Ag
S
Jasomania said:

Over Christmas we had a really odd one though, it was marked as delivered and never showed up. I waited a couple of days and then made the claim to amazon and they resent the package. Then over two months later the original package just shows up one day. Still unopened and didn't looked tampered, but it was in my mail box so i guess the USPS had it the whole time.
I had that happen at Xmas as well. Showed up 3 days later at the front office like it had been there the entire time.
wangus12
AG
John Beckwith said:

Just send a message that it isn't there? That's worked for me every time
This. I had a pretty expensive watch that never showed up, but was marked delivered. Opened communication and they had another one sent to me immediately
91AggieLawyer
AG
TMoney2007 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

That whole system seems to be dying before it gets off the ground. The closest one to me is like 20-30 minutes away from home and there isn't one close to my route home (which is long).

It isn't dying (hardly) but it is location dependent. I have probably 8 different lockers within maybe 10 minutes of driving distance of my house. You could easily walk to 4 of them on a leisurely afternoon walk in about 2 hours and a fifth isn't that far from the other 4. I'm not sure why they have that many different locations but they are somewhat limited by the number of lockers they can put at one location. I wish I could give up all but one of mine to give you and others more options but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
TMoney2007
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

TMoney2007 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

It isn't dying (hardly) but it is location dependent. I have probably 8 different lockers within maybe 10 minutes of driving distance of my house. You could easily walk to 4 of them on a leisurely afternoon walk in about 2 hours and a fifth isn't that far from the other 4. I'm not sure why they have that many different locations but they are somewhat limited by the number of lockers they can put at one location. I wish I could give up all but one of mine to give you and others more options but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
There's one east of I45 and one south of 59 in Houston,... Its extremely location specific.3/4 of Houston isn't covered at all. I can get one day delivery on the southeast side, but they haven't put a single locker anywhere near me.

It's not a priority for them. Their delivery service is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.