Roadtrip movie idea for kids

631 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by easttexasaggie04
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Next week we are making the trek from Marshall, TX to Orlando, FL. My kids both watch movies on tablets that are hooked to our headrests. They are both to small to figure out how to change the movies so when the movie ends we have to turn around and find another. I know, not a big deal...but it's kind of a PITA.

Is there any way to connect movies together and have them play continuously on a loop for an extended period of time? I don't mind paying for the movie...I'd just rather one movie end and another one begin without me having to do anything.

I hope this makes sense.
redd38
AG
What OS does the tablet run? Probably just need to find a video player for it that supports playlists.
easttexasaggie04
AG
They are both Amazon Fire tablets. I forget which version.
McNasty
AG
We have VLC installed on our kids' fire tablets and are able to create playlists. Mind you, the movies are ones that I manually downloaded onto the devices (their SD cards, actually).
archangelus2
AG
I wish having to help my kids once every two hours was a problem on my road trips.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I wish it was for me too...I'm just trying to eliminate one variable at a time. haha
CrottyKid
AG
VLC for sure.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Ok, so I need to download the VLC app on their tablets, then import the media files? What is the best place to get those files? Right now they are watching videos I've purchased from the Amazon store.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.