Expecting a 2020 Release for [i]Cyberpunk 2077[/i]

685 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 92Ag95
PaulSimonsGhost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

Based off two things I read in a recent article from Jason Schreier for Kotaku

1. The recent negative media spotlight on production crunch. CD Projekt Red wants to avoid the negative press.

2. CD Projekt Red has set limits on employee's winter vacation time this year. Which I take as meaning they'll still be pushing toward release deadline.

If there is an actual industry change on crunch I don't know how game directors will comply with publisher's deadlines.

People can tell their boss, "I don't want to work nights or weekends". But when has that ever been a good career move?
NavyAg22
Just push it back. Great games have shown to build communities that will invest in sequels and various other in game purchases. I doubt anthem will be getting a sequel after all that failed hype.
OCEN99
AG
HO-LEE *****

aggiebq03+
Got my invite to prepay on Steam.

Do people really pay for games that far ahead? Said release date was April 2020. Why would I pay a full price $60 that far ahead?
92Ag95
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Got my invite to prepay on Steam.

Do people really pay for games that far ahead? Said release date was April 2020. Why would I pay a full price $60 that far ahead?
To fund development....which they are obviously having issues with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.