Super Mario Maker 2

6,314 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by coconutED
Vade281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who's ready to build some levels?

Texags Super Mario Maker 2 Levels!

Easier instead of having me to edit it all the time. Please edit this google doc!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Pman17
AG
Looks awesome! I've had it pre-ordered. Have it for 3DS but never dove deep into it. Definitely gonna give this one a shot. The multiplayer looks really exciting!
Jackal99
AG
This looks pretty awesome. How difficult is it to build levels, really? Do you feel motivated to build levels over and over again, or do you mainly play other people's boards? Just trying to decide how much I'd really enjoy building.
The Fife
I'm surprised they only have 3 (well, 4) playable characters in this.
dtkprowler
AG
Shenaniganz
So can I only play the levels people make if I have Super Mario Maker 2? I have never owned a Mario MAker game but I have seen some of the levels people make and it looks like loads of fun
Vade281
AG
Correct, you have to own it to play levels. I'm not much of a creator, but the tools are really easy to use. I just love playing well created Mario levels and some of the best were made in SMM1. I'll be streaming this game for sure.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
3rdGen2015
AG
I almost bought a Wii U multiple times just so I could play the original, but never went through with that impulse. SO excited to get my hands on this game. Looks amazing.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm in. But I'm new to Switch so I have no idea how to add friends so we can team up.
CubbieAggie
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

I almost bought a Wii U multiple times just so I could play the original, but never went through with that impulse. SO excited to get my hands on this game. Looks amazing.
Exact same with me.
Pman17
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I'm in. But I'm new to Switch so I have no idea how to add friends so we can team up.
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2884047/1

I have a Nintendo Switch Thread going with a friend code list. Well, it's just me on the list...

Select your Profile Icon on the home screen and then go to Profile on your page and it will display your unique friend code. Friend codes suck but the enable everyone to get the gamer tag they want and change at any time.

To add a friend, there's Add Friend on your profile page. It used to be you had to add friend codes on both ends (DS, Wii) but now you can just send an invite and that person can approve or deny.
dtkprowler
AG
CubbieAggie said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Exact same with me.
Same
Pman17
AG
Notice the Easter Egg at 11:06?!?!?

11/6/19 or 6/11/19 is the date of Nintendo E3.
The Easter egg is the non-american SNES. Non-amerians have the month and day backwards. SNES coming to Nintendo Switch!
dtkprowler
AG
Pman17 said:

Notice the Easter Egg at 11:06?!?!?

11/6/19 or 6/11/19 is the date of Nintendo E3.
The Easter egg is the non-american SNES. Non-amerians have the month and day backwards. SNES coming to Nintendo Switch!
You talking about the Famicon Logo that fades on and off the screen? So we are getting a SNES emulator on switch?
CubbieAggie
AG
I think that's been a badly kept secret since the beginning of this year. People found references to SNES games in the Nintendo Switch Online app source code back in January.
Bones08
AG
Put me in the category of someone who did buy a Wii U because of Super Mario Maker. No regrets.

Needless to say I am VERY excited about SMM2. The additional content is of course wonderful and I also hope that the UI for finding and playing levels is much improved.
CubbieAggie
AG
Bones08 said:

I also hope that the UI for finding and playing levels is much improved.
I'm also hoping that the on-line multiplayer can be with friends and not just with 3 other random people. As much as I'm looking forward to this game, I'm not holding out hope for either of these. As dunkey once said, "Nintendo does not get on-line."
The Fife
Replied to your thread with my code
Al Bula
AG
That looks bad ass. I wonder what the almost-70 yr old Japanese Nintendo designers think. They are for sure happy that their Mario creation is standing up to the rest of time but probably don%92t know how to feel that it is so easy to drag and drop objects on a screen to create gameplay.
Shenaniganz
Just pre-ordered MM2 using the voucher promo they have right now. I have all the other games I want that are voucher eligible right now but I know there will be a game out within the next year (when they expire) that I'm going to want.
agfan2013
AG
Got super excited when I saw the "3D mode" in the trailer, but then saw it's just powerups and enemies from 3D world, so I ended up a bit disappointed.

If they every do add a true 3D builder for people to create with, that would be spectacular. I'll end up getting this eventually and still really enjoy 2D platforming, but 3D would be my favorite.
Shenaniganz
The one thing I like/hate that Nintendo does is whenever you pre-order a digital game you get to install it on your switch so when the game goes live its already there ready to play. I just hate that I have to look at the MM2 logo on my Switch and know that I have to wait to play it. #FirstWorldProblems
Shenaniganz
Bones08
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

My first level code is BXV-NRW-MWG

Let me know what you think! Also keep in mind this is my first level ever so please be kind.
I learned that jumping flaming fish can switch directions! RIP.

I had fun with it. Good job, especially for your first one.
Shenaniganz
Pman17
AG
Working on my first level right now. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow. Not too difficult.
Vince Blake
I got this for my kids yesterday. They had a blast with it and after they went to bed I thought, "I'll try out making my own level for a few minutes." Three hours later I finally completed my first level. This game really sunk its teeth into me. It is amazingly fun. The level editor is super easy once you get the hang of it and a good number of options to try out. I can see getting hours upon hours of enjoyment out of this game. Highly recommend it.
Pman17
AG
Finished my first level. A little sloppy at the end.
TK3-PCX-HBG
Shenaniganz
Shenaniganz
Shrinky Dink
This game is addicting.

G5S-M00-D1G
V3X-5KM-GQG
dtkprowler
AG
Here is my most recent level. Was hard to upload so let me know what y'all think!

SN9-7KB-TXF

I have a few other crappy levels too.
easttexasaggie04
AG
My first level!

QMM-OR1-2MG
3rdGen2015
AG
dtkprowler said:

Here is my most recent level. Was hard to upload so let me know what y'all think!

SN9-7KB-TXF

I hate that I have to stop this one, I can't figure out the bomb elevator. I think I doubled the number of Marios killed in the level by myself though.
dtkprowler
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

dtkprowler said:

SN9-7KB-TXF

I hate that I have to stop this one, I can't figure out the bomb elevator. I think I doubled the number of Marios killed in the level by myself though.
Yeah, I really should have added a reset pipe or door for that. There are several parts that I could have improved by adding simple resets. I may edit and re-upload to make it more player friendly and if I do I will post it here. Also, I should have used an 'embiggened' bomb. Soooo much easier. Thanks for playing and replying!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.