Jedi: Fallen Order

9,421 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tex Aggie
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Bigger than the trailer is the promise that it will be single player only with no microtransactions. Can EA follow through?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Looks badass. I'm hoping for a Tomb-Raider style Jedi game where it feels like you are playing an action movie.
wee_ag
AG
I saw wall running, so I'm hoping the controls take a cue from the Titanfall games... Titanfall + The Force Unleashed? I would enjoy that immensely.
Shenaniganz
Already pre-ordered! Cameron Monaghan from Gotham is playing the main character
Madmarttigan
AG
Soo I think respawn may be EA's saving grace at this point. Between titanfall and apex and now possibly this game.

Looks awesome.

Bioware can suck it.
hunter2012
AG
tv1113 said:

Soo I think respawn may be EA's saving grace at this point. Between titanfall and apex and now possibly this game.

Looks awesome.

Bioware can suck it.

As Mass Effect is my favorite game series I can only agree. Whoever thought a non-RPG Anthem was worth putting the A team on over Andromeda should be fired and blackballed from the industry.
Not a Bot
AG
As good as this looks, the fact that EA already has a hard release date set is scary. Given this is a holiday season release you can bet your butt this will get released whether it is a good game or buggy as h***.
NavyAg22
Give me Knights if the Old Republic or give me death.
titanmaster_race
It's EA. I'm not holding my breath.
powerbelly
AG
Cactus Jack said:

As good as this looks, the fact that EA already has a hard release date set is scary. Given this is a holiday season release you can bet your butt this will get released whether it is a good game or buggy as h***.

I will definitely be waiting until after release reaction for this one.
jay040
I didn't realize Fifa's Alex Hunter was a Jedi - no wonder he's so good at soccer... (~1:38 into the video)

Predmid
AG
F EA.

Don't care if the game is good. Absolutely refuse to support that abomination of a gaming company.

It's a sad state of affairs when "No micro-transactions" is a selling point and not the starting point for a AAA priced game.
powerbelly
AG
I will buy good games to hope to incentivize creating more good games.
V8Aggie
AG
Seriously how do you guys fall for EA every time? Of course, their trailers look awesome... it's what they do. I'll buy when and if the reviews say it's worth it.
benMath08
AG
Respawn made Titanfall 1/2 and Apex, both pretty well received games.

Respawn was founded by by two senior executives at Infinity Ward (Jason West and Vince Zampella), who were responsible for creating the original call of duty games up through Modern Warfare 2.

The original CoD games and Titanfall have some really great single player campaigns.

That's why people are excited about this game.
V8Aggie
AG
benMath08 said:

Respawn made Titanfall 1/2 and Apex, both pretty well received games.

Respawn was founded by by two senior executives at Infinity Ward (Jason West and Vince Zampella), who were responsible for creating the original call of duty games up through Modern Warfare 2.

The original CoD games and Titanfall have some really great single player campaigns.

That's why people are excited about this game.
I get what you're saying but I've been burned too many times by EA. I'll just wait.
Predmid
AG
And another side note...

there was zero gameplay footage in that trailer. All cinematics.
CubbieAggie
AG
Personally, I'll believe EA can make a decent Star Wars game when I see it. No matter how promising it looks, EA can find a way to screw it up. They can do the same thing to Respawn that they did to BioWare.

No matter how you feel, though, please do not pre-order the game.
Pman17
AG
I'll wait this time. Seems like EA games get 50% off 3 months later.
MGS
Yep, I'll wait for it to appear on EA Access sometime in mid-2020.
Madmarttigan
AG
Seems to me that BioWare is more to blame for their failures than EA at this point.
Claude!
tv1113 said:

Seems to me that BioWare is more to blame for their failures than EA at this point.

Based on the Kotaku report, there's plenty to go around. EA's insistence on Frostbite, hard deadlines, and shifting people to FIFA did BioWare no favors, but it sounds like BioWare's management of the project was poor...at best.
Madmarttigan
AG
Except I listened to a video go through that article pretty in depth and I think the frostbite thing may not be entirely true either.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Here is a video of what I'm assuming is the first level. Can't wait for this.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Line Ate Member
AG
Very anakin of him lol
jokershady
AG
C@LAg said:

he killed hundreds of people, all within 20 minutes.
Not very "jedi"
well, the sub-title is...Fallen Order
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
And I'm in.
jr15aggie
AG
Looks good, but they made the protagonist look too much like Mace from The Ewok Adventure!

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jr15aggie said:

Looks good, but they made the protagonist look too much like Mace from The Ewok Adventure!

The main character plays the joker in Gotham.

?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C338&ssl=1
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Out today, hoping to play a little this weekend.
redline248
AG
Interested in some reviews to see if I need to buy a PS4 for Christmas
tamusc
AG
The reviews are all over the place for this. Eurogamer gave if a mediocre review, IGN gave it a 9/10, and there a re ton of reviews somewhere in between.

The consistent comments are a slow start and a slew of technical/performance issues on all platforms (shocker, it's EA we're talking about here).

Looks like a solid "wait for a sale" game to me with the added bonus of EA hopefully fixing the bugs before I play it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.