GoPro Hero 5 Black Repair

421 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PLUM LOCO
Legalize-It-Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought a Hero 5 black about a year and a half ago to use as a secondary camera for my thesis project. It worked great and did everything I needed it too up until about a month ago. When I tried to record anything in video (regardless of format, resolution, or fps) it would try to record for about a second before saying "error, sd card not found" (or something of that nature).

Since then I have tried every possible trouble shooting method on the internet, ranging from formatting the sd card in and outside of the camera to trying completely separate new sd cards. Nothing works. I tried calling GoPro to see if they could repair it, but they do not repair their products and since I was outside of the 1 year warranty, there was nothing they could do for me. I've tried looking online at other places but the consensus seems to be that I have to change the board myself.

Does anyone have any expertise or advice in this area? I'm kinda at a loss because breaking open the camera and replacing the board myself seems like a pretty daunting task.
Wildmen03
AG
I went through something similar a few years ago with a previous model. In the end I just bought a good used one on eBay for less than the cost that someone wanted to repair it for.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.