Crazy pricing war going on in the wireless noise cancelling headphones game

1,709 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by javajaws
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Bose and the QC line has been the gold standard for these things for a while. Fidelity, not so much, but epic for the commuter when it comes to noise cancellation. Anyway, the price has always been about $350.

Enter Sony, who released the 1000xm3 line. These things are superior in to the Bose headphones in just about every way. Better sound, much improved battery life, quicker charging with USB-C, and on par noise cancellation.

Full discloure, I went out and purchased a pair at full price $350 when I got my Pixel 3 because it had no headphone jack and had rendered my old pair insufficient. Additionally, it coordinates with Google Assistant. I've been really, really pleased with these headphone. I don't have a bad thing to say about them.

Anyway, the reviews start coming out. (See, e.g., https://www.wired.com/review/review-sony-wh1000xm3-headphones/). Sony, being smart, runs a promo and cuts the price. Suddenly Bose in feeling the heat.

Since early February, these two have been in a price war using second sites (Ebay, Amazon, BHPhoto, etc).

Long story short, Bose is offering their QC35s right now for refurbished for $200 through Ebay. You can get the Sonys for $285 new through Amazon.

If you're in the market for noise cancelling headphones, you really can't go wrong with either pair and now is the time to strike.
bkag9824
AG
Have a link for Amazon at $285?

Quick search showed them at $350.
MW03
AG
Crud, couldn't find it anymore but here is the deal on massgenie

https://www.massgenie.com/sony-wh1000xm3-bluetooth-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones-black-wh-1000xm3-b-9jjj97hhpbgjfmta
boy09
AG
I've had the Sony XM2's for about a year. I use them every day at work. I love them, they are fantastic.
javajaws
AG
I bought some xm3s when they first came out at full list. Wore them all the way to Thailand and back - well worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.