Cissp boot camps

617 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I let my cissp lapse a few years ago. Since I am looking at going back on the job market, I figured I should probably get it again.

Anyone have a boot camp the want to recommend?
F1uxCapacitor
AG
While I've not taken the CISSP bootcamps from either, I've taken courses from both SANS and The InfoSec Institute and they both offer bootcamps. I take general SANS classes every year and they always do a great job, and I took the CISA bootcamp from The InfoSec Institute and passed.
nwspmp
I recently took a week-long one with Doug Landoll's outfit and am quite happy with the outcome.

I will be going to take my test in the near future, but it was a very good course with a lot of good insight and information.
Duncan Idaho
Why are you waiting to take the test? Do you feel like the class didn't prepare you or that there is just a lot of vocabulary to remember? Or something else?

I remember when I last passed it, the material/test wasn't particularly difficult, it was just having to memorize so many things that you will never need to use again (Bida, bell lapadula, star property, how high of a fence, what a class a fire extinguisher is for, etc).

NavyAg22
Ordered a 8th edition book on amazon last night. Going to read it front to back for concepts and VCE to pass the test.
nwspmp
Duncan Idaho said:

Why are you waiting to take the test? Do you feel like the class didn't prepare you or that there is just a lot of vocabulary to remember? Or something else?

I remember when I last passed it, the material/test wasn't particularly difficult, it was just having to memorize so many things that you will never need to use again (Bida, bell lapadula, star property, how high of a fence, what a class a fire extinguisher is for, etc).

Just taking some time to fully review and study to make sure it all is there. Plus I've had a few other things at work come up recently.
Duncan Idaho
Thanks. I wasn't sure if you walked of the class thinking "damn, that scratched the surface...I've got a lot to learn" or "damn, that was really a great class, but based on how tricky/hard the practice tests were, I need to keep studying but now I know where and what to study."

Years ago it wasn't uncommon to have the boot camp bleed over to a Saturday that was spent taking the actual test. I wasn't sure if the material or testing had change so much that there was no way that could be done any more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.