Desktop Scanner vs. All in One

1,173 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dlp3719
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just bought a new all in one brother laser printer - which seems to work decently, other than being very slow to print the first page, and needing to restart every morning.

From what I saw, it scans about the same speed as a desktop scanner, though desktop scanners cost more than all in ones...

Is it a matter of being built for a heavier duty cycle, or am I missing something?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Fujitsu Scan Snap ix500 and don't look back.

All in ones do nothing very well IMO.
aggieforester05
AG
I used to carry the portable scan snaps for work travel eight years ago. They were fast and easy to use then. Much more straight forward than the Neat scanners with the unnecessarily complicated software.
bigtruckguy3500
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Fujitsu Scan Snap ix500 and don't look back.

All in ones do nothing very well IMO.
I know nothing about this scanner, but shortly after reading this, I happened to come across this on SlickDeals' front page.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12890116-fujitsu-scansnap-ix1500-document-scanner-370-after-50-rebate-free-s-h?src=frontpage
Whos Juan
AG
The ScanSnaps are really great scanners, however if you are trying to scan directly into a program just understand it isn't Twain compliant.
lj801
I have a Fujitsu Scan Snap. I got it used. Love it! Much better than any all in one.
Cassius
You guys do lots of scanning? I scan all my docs and receipts using Dropbox scan and my phone camera. Scans and saves to PDF in the Dropbox cloud, quick and easy. I probably scan 2-3 docs per week. I guess if you scan a lot its probably not the best option, but for what I do it works great.
The Fife
I've scanned thousands of old pictures and by far the worst ones to do were where I was using an all in one. It didn't do any task particularly well. I finally got an Epson v600 and never looked back.
95_Aggie
AG
Those small document scanners are great for simple documents, just don't try and use them for valuable photos.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
We file all documents electronically. Dropbox reads all files, which isn't appropriate, professionally.
Wildmen03
AG
The Fife said:

I finally got an Epson v600 and never looked back.
I have this scanner at home and absolutely love it. It's great with negatives.
Cassius
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

We file all documents electronically. Dropbox reads all files, which isn't appropriate, professionally.

OK.

Yeah, it does that to build previews. If you store them in graphics format, eg jpeg, it doesn't read them.
dlp3719
AG
I had a desktop scanner that I have replaced with the Scannable App.

Please try it is free and it is AMAZING. Game changer for me on the road.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.