*****Borderlands 3*****

14,549 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by texasaggie04
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, looks like it might be finally happening!

PAX East is March 28th.
Prime0882
kb2001
kb2001
AG
It must be. The rumors were surrounding a Gearbox theater event at Pax East, which is in Boston March 28-31

Matt_ag98
Hopefully there is a Siren class to play again, 1 and 2 were awesome but the prequel not-so-much
TexasAggie_02
AG

Legalize-It-Ags
AG
I need this in my life right now!!!!!!
KidDoc
AG
I'm just now playing through BL2 with my gaming buddy. He is busy with teen daughters and a weird work schedule so we only play a few hours a week but it is a pretty fun game with a friend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Im playing through the first one right now. Hope i can finish it and the second one before the 3rd comes out!
redbaron788
AG
Beezy2389
AG
C35TB-W56ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H

Shift code for BL2 that'll give you 5 golden keys and Salvador's Community Day Skin
Prime0882
AG
So... I am on the hype train for this one and Cyberpunk 2077.

Reddit deduced from morse code in the trailer to "count the Sirens." There's three of them! Half Life 3 confirmed.
TexasAggie_02
AG
JRC0811 said:

So... I am on the hype train for this one and Cyberpunk 2077.

Reddit deduced from morse code in the trailer to "count the Sirens." There's three of them! Half Life 3 confirmed.

It's been awhile since I played BL2, but isn't it Canon that there can only be 3 sirens in existence at any time?

So in BL2 there was lilith (OG bl1 siren) Maya (BL2 character) and handsome Jack's daughter, angel (who dies).

So if this game takes place after BL2, there should be 1 new siren
Beezy2389
AG
It's 6 and since one died in BL2 it opens up room for another one.
Beezy2389
AG
I know it's a bit early but whats everyone thinking? PC/PS4/Xbox?

I'm open to either PC or PS4
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

I know it's a bit early but whats everyone thinking? PC/PS4/Xbox?

I'm open to either PC or PS4
I've been enjoying playing on the PS4 for most of the shooters... kind of become my console of choice even though I have a decent gaming computer.

If the majority of those interested from the PS4 crew decide to go to PC, I'm open to that too.
Vade281
AG
PC!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Beezy2389
AG
I know there are rumors about it being exclusively on the Epic Games Launcher which would definitely push me towards PS4. I assume we'll see tomorrow.
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

I know there are rumors about it being exclusively on the Epic Games Launcher which would definitely push me towards PS4. I assume we'll see tomorrow.
I know this is off topic and I could google it myself, but, I'm eating lunch and I'm going to ask you - I've seen a small furor in nerdery pockets across the interwebs that seem upset at this Epic thing... is it something new that's popped up to take on Steam and GOG? Is it subscription based? What's all the anger about this thing?
Madmarttigan
AG
Do you mean only for sale from Epic games?

I suppose I usually buy my games straight from the developer these days with blizzard, EA, and Ubisoft so it's not a big deal to me.
Beezy2389
AG
Full disclosure, I haven't personally tried it yet but from what I've read the community seems upset about a few things. This is all from Youtube/Reddit rants.

You have the right idea, basically it's a competitor to Steam. It's not subscription based but it is missing a lot of the features that Steam has. Normally that's fine but when it is buying exclusivity, it's just a ****ty deal for the consumers.

• Epic doesn't currently allow for game reviews, they are supposedly working towards a developer opt-in for allowing reviews on their games page. An example I heard was if an early access developer made an awesome trailer for their game but turns out its nothing like it, that game still gets purchased, moves up the "New and Hot" list, but people have to look off platform for reviews.

• The Epic Launcher requires you to be online to play. Even if you want to play Epic's version of Solitaire, you'll have to be connected to the internet to play regardless of the type of game. For a lot of people that's not a big deal but out in small town Texas, I've gone several days with my internet down on several occasions.

• It's not cloud-based. Best part about Steam is that it is my library of games. I can uninstall and reinstall on any computer, some games even store the save files in the cloud. From what I can tell, the Epic Launcher is just a store and a hub for games that's installed on my computer.

• Apparently there was a "scandal" where the Launcher was snooping around your Steam files and sending your Steam usage info and computer hardware info to a Chinese company. This sounds like it could be extremely shady or not shady at all depending on the context which I don't have.

• Again sounds like paranoia but apparently if you are caught cheating in one game, there is a chance Epic will lock you out of all of your games even single player ones. In some instances I could be ok with this but I mean, I don't know what level of cheating would result in that. Does using a VPN count as cheating? I mod the **** out of Skyrim, Fallout, and even Borderlands, would that count as cheating? What about cheating in game like taking part in a loot farm?

• Probably not relevant to anyone in this thread but the store doesn't convert the costs of games to foreign currency. A bunch of Aussies will end up paying a lot more than we do for the exact same game.

Again, I'm just regurgitating what I've read. Maybe it's fine, I'd imagine with the negative press it'll only get better.
Prime0882
AG
You're the best, Beezy. Yeah, that always online thing, even for single player games, would be a dealbreaker for me too.

You would think after the latest SimCity debacle companies would learn that always online for single player content is going to get a ton of backlash from the gaming community.
redbaron788
AG
I'm getting this for PS4 regardless. Can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow
Claude!
Epic has released a roadmap for future features of their launcher, to include cloud saves. I think they've already implemented a search function. Epic Launcher is definitely barebones compared to Steam right now, but Steam was pretty woeful when it started. Epic is also offering developers a much better revenue split (they only take 12% rather than Blizzard's historic 30% cut). I believe Epic also said that they'll ultimately slow down or cease buying exclusive rights to games.

Personally, I'm all for the competition. Steam, and Valve, has been pretty moribund in recent years.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah none of that even really bothers me I just care that the games are good. At this point I have so many gaming platforms on my computer I don't really care too much.

Surprisingly it feels like blizzard is the one dying off with no new releases in quite some compared to Epic with fortnite, EA with apex , Ubisoft with division, and steam with their massive library.
AtlAg05
AG
Ahem..... Diablo:Immortal
immortal_kumquat
JRC0811 said:

Beezy2389 said:

I know this is off topic and I could google it myself, but, I'm eating lunch and I'm going to ask you - I've seen a small furor in nerdery pockets across the interwebs that seem upset at this Epic thing... is it something new that's popped up to take on Steam and GOG? Is it subscription based? What's all the anger about this thing?

Epic is essentially buying exclusivity for several AAA titles. Instead of providing a better service than Steam they're using $$ partially provided by a Chinese company that holds a 40% stake in the Epic store. It's a slimy way to do business. I don't mind Steam having real competition, and Epic giving game publishers a bigger cut of the profits is a good start, but outright bribes for exclusive titles are BS, especially when their platform is nowhere near as mature as Steam.
Beezy2389
AG
JRC0811 said:

You would think after the latest SimCity debacle

Bro wasn't that like 8 years ago?
Prime0882
AG
Beezy2389 said:

JRC0811 said:

You would think after the latest SimCity debacle

Bro wasn't that like 8 years ago?

Bro, I'm old.
Madmarttigan
AG
The sim city debacle was the worst gaming debacle I've ever seen by a long shot. I will always remember that.
bearamedic99
AG
I missed out on BL1 and was late to BL2 because the graphics turned me away initially. They later grew on me as I found out what the hubbub was about and grew to love BL2. Fun game with zany elements and side missions plus that great ability to drop in to a friend's game at any point.

BL2 was gold.
Beezy2389
AG
Yep, so on the surface this sounds like a "duh" comment but the graphics was a deliberate choice. Alpha footage showed it was going to look like every other game but they decided they wanted to do something different to stand out.

This is the actual 2009 E3 trailer

Tex117
AG
This is good news! Looking forward to this one, and yeah, I'll be on ps4
BenFiasco14
AG
In for sure, but idiotic question as someone who doesn't follow this super closely - what is everyone expecting today? A full-on reveal trailer? At what, PAX?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Beezy2389
AG
I'm expecting a reveal trailer and maybe quite a bit of background info about it. There is 2.5 hours between when Gearbox takes the stage and the next presentation, so presumably there's a lot to talk about. Completely guessing here but wouldn't be surprised to see them announce stuff like a remastered BL1, maybe some VR support for one of the games, a new bundle. I'm not expecting any of that but wouldn't be surprised either.

Gearbox takes the stage at 1pm CT. I'll post a stream of it here when it goes live.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.