Pokemon Sword and Shield

4,297 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FightinTexasAg15
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

As promised, Gen 8 is coming at the end of the year in a new Pokemon Core RPG for the Switch. After running out of colors for themes, Pokemon has been going off the ying and yang. X & Y, Sun & Moon, and now Sword & Shield. The regions have been going off of parts of the world rather than Japan: New York, France, Hawaii, and now the UK.

Zacian and Zamazenta

Borrowed from Pokemon Go are Raids. You will be able to play in raids locally or online against giant Pokemon that use Dynamax aka Galar Region's version of Mega Evolution. Dynamax can be used in battles but be careful of timing, because it only lasts a certain amount of turns and you may be screwed if your Pokemon shrinks down and your foe still has Dynamax engaged.

Between towns are Breath of the Wild type open world mechanics to catch Pokemon.

Games are eligible for $10 credit if pre-ordered on Amazon.

Release: November 15, 2019
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I enjoy the Pokmon series. It's a good game to just relax and play, and it was a big thing for me growing up. Excited for this

powerbelly
AG
I am excited to see how this goes. I need to pick up a switch soon.
kill0509
AG
If I had kids, it would be a blast going back through these games! I still remember when Red and Blue came out on the original gameboy and we were in elementary school.
3rdGen2015
AG
Yes please
Vade281
AG
Sword and Bunny checking in.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Pman17
AG
Live on retail sites.

Best Buy offers $10 credit
Scotty Flamingo
Getting it. The region looks great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Question. I haven't played the Pokemon games since the 2nd gen Gold/Silver ones. I know they've had like 4-5 sets of games come out since then. Do the recent games include all the Pokemon from the previous games (so like 600-700+) and do they all follow the same plot of fighting like 8 gym leaders, beating Team Rocket and fighting the Final 4?
powerbelly
AG
wangus12 said:

Question. I haven't played the Pokemon games since the 2nd gen Gold/Silver ones. I know they've had like 4-5 sets of games come out since then. Do the recent games include all the Pokemon from the previous games (so like 600-700+) and do they all follow the same plot of fighting like 8 gym leaders, beating Team Rocket and fighting the Final 4?
Still follow the general theme of beating gym leaders (or similar) and stopping bad guys. Team rocket isn't always the bad guys. Most new games have mix of new and old pokemon and keep the number near 300 per game iirc.
Line Ate Member
AG
I'm in but probably going with Grookey. A giant green gorilla (I assume grass/fighting) sounds fun. However I tend to always pick fire so who knows.
Pman17
AG
Pretty much, but the recent two versions for 3DS took a different approach for gym leaders. This game will have all of the Pokmon, but you may not be able to catch them all. I think they'll announce Pokmon Bank for Switch at E3 to allow us to transfer Pokmon all the way down to the game boy advance games.
RebAg13
ConstructionAg12
AG
Am I the only one that sees Westeros when looking at the Galar region?
Pman17
AG
powerbelly
AG
ConstructionAg12 said:

Am I the only one that sees Westeros when looking at the Galar region?
Well Westeros started as a flipped Ireland with Britain shrunk and stacked on top so there will be a lot of similarities with a pokemon game based on Britain.
Shenaniganz
Definitely excited to see pokemon on my big screen again. The Dreadnaw is definitely going on my team.

Typically what I do when a new gen launches is try and get all the starters via trade, then use only new pokemon to beat the game. Afterwards, I'll go through and use my favorite pokes. Can't wait to use my other voucher to get this game!
BenFiasco14
AG
I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
beerag04
AG
Random off topic question. My six year old is really into Pokemon. I was going to get him a Pokemon game to play this summer but I know nothing about them. Is there a good one for him to start with on the Wii or the switch? Should I just make him wait for this one to come out in the fall?
BenFiasco14
AG
Do you not have a DS or 3DS? If no...

Nothing on Switch at the moment AFAIK (except for certain Pokemon characters and stages playable on Smash Bros ultimate).

Not sure about Wii I know I personally never played any, because the traditional Pokemon RPG games always came out on the DS.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Luke Smith
Isn't Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee on Switch?
jm94
AG
Luke Smith said:

Isn't Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee on Switch?
Yes.
bankshot11
AG
Gotta find somewhere to preorder these. Really sucks Amazon and Best Buy got rid of the 20% off preorder program.

I'm more interested in the Pokemon Home cloud storage system though
Luke Smith

New gameplay videos are coming out and the game is looking really good. Less than a month!

Some new Galarian versions of old pokemon
Luke Smith
The full dex has been leaked
Farmer1906
AG
I'm not loving a ton of the designs. Maybe they'll grow on me.
3rdGen2015
AG
Anybody else playing this? I'm having lots of fun and am taking my sweet time with it. Got my second badge last night at about 12 hours in.

I have Shield if anybody will need to trade for the Shield exclusives.
Farmer1906
AG
I would be willing to make trades. I am playing through sword right now. Just hit the 100+ mark on the dex and just beat the 4th gym. I am really enjoying it and do not understand all the backlash from some of the hardcore types.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've been playing, I also have sword so I can trade for exclusives. Really enjoying the game

Beat the game and at about 350 on my dex
3rdGen2015
AG
Also guess I should note that I started with Grookey, I can hatch some once I find a Ditto if I need to. I can check my friend code at lunch and post it here.
3rdGen2015
AG
SW-1249-7498-5299 is my friend code
Johnsy3
AG
Recently got this game and pretty stoked about it. Haven't played Pokmon (other than Go on my phone) since Gold/Silver.

Played around in the Wild Area for a few days before finally getting on to the first gym.
Ryan34
AG
Anyone pick this back up after the expansion? Have a shiny Zeraora raid that keeps kicking my ass and can't get more than 2 people to join.
Pman17
AG
I've been playing the new expansion. It's not bad. The whole island of Armor is a wild area. I've been adding more Pokemon to wonder trade on Home.

I tried that new shiny raid and couldn't make a move with my lvl 80 Pokemon. I'll have to use the right type next time.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.