The Division 2

28,803 Views | 341 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
RadAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since i havent seen a thread, thought I'd start one. First game really improved over time (played over 32 days worth) and I'm hyped for this next entry.

AtlAg05
AG
Looking forward to it, played in the alpha.
thaed137
AG
I'm in again. It had its flaws at the start in the first one but the changes they have implemented look great and I will definitely get my money's worth as the 1st year is free. Feel free to add me Redass2009 if ever want to group up.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
thaed137 said:

I'm in again. It had its flaws at the start in the first one but the changes they have implemented look great and I will definitely get my money's worth as the 1st year is free. Feel free to add me Redass2009 if ever want to group up.

Whats changed? My wife and I tackled the first one for a long time and loved it, but then it just got boring in the Dark Zone. We could never find anyone.

I want to give this game a chance, but I've got Metro: Exodus and Rage 2 coming up as well as AC Odyssey, Red Dead, and others left in my library like Prey, Witcher 3, Dishonored series, and Deus Ex.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
thaed137
AG
Honestly really hard to tackle all in one post but they did listen to the fan base pretty well and made changes across the board from reducing time to kill, adding a lot more end game PVE elements, balancing gear sets, and reducing the grind by increasing gear drops. This was all in TD1. The previews for TD2 show they have taken some of this a step further with things like a normalized dark zone ( meaning no matter what level you are, everyone has the same stats, only difference is type of gear you have), improved AI tactics that are more unique to groups, and improved ways to how they handled gear customization that are all out there on youtube videos.

There is a lot more but that is the basics. The game got creamed by negative reviews early in the process and a lot of it was founded which cost the game a majority of its player base. It took probably 6+ months for the game to get to a better place.
titanmaster_race
thaed137 said:

Even with how bad the endgame content was, I still felt I got my money's worth from the game. The campaign and leveling was so much fun.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I want to give this game a chance, but I've got Metro: Exodus and Rage 2 coming up as well as AC Odyssey, Red Dead, and others left in my library like Prey, Witcher 3, Dishonored series, and Deus Ex.
That's like 500+ hours of solid gaming. You don't need to be buying other games right now
Prime0882
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

That's like 500+ hours of solid gaming. You don't need to be buying other games right now
Feel like I am in a similar boat. Winter always seems to be when I'll finish up games.

On my plate right now that I want to finish up in 2019 are: RDR2, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War. I stalled out on the last Valkyrie fight for GoW, otherwise I'm pretty close to the end.

RDR2 and HZD I'm probably only 1/3 of the way through.

But, back to the topic at hand: Out of Anthem and The Division 2, I'm leaning towards this one. I'm really hoping they brought forward lessons from the first one to this one, but, for those of us who played Destiny 2, we know that may not always be the case...
TheBruceWayne
im ready to try it out
wangus12
AG
I still haven't gotten RDR2 yet, but just dropped a ton of time into ACOdyssey and finally beat it. I need a shorter, less open world game to play for a bit.
TheBruceWayne
odyssey was good still haven't beaten it yet, I got bored of rdr2
Madmarttigan
AG
I would be interested but they never really fixed their loot system. Classified sets and the randomization of the drops made them horrible to farm for. The loot system was poor when the game came out and not a lot better when I went back.

If anthem sucks I'll try it out but they definitely still had some things to work on from D1.
Formerly tv1113
RadAg14
AG
Dont know when you came back to play but they introduced public events where you could earn specific caches for each gear set. They rotated those events for months
jr15aggie
AG
I gave up on the 1st one after it felt like I was going to have to create a custom spreadsheet just to figure out what gear I should be using. Got way too complicated... it's a game, not a full time job!

I also got really turned off by the fact that any time I didn't game for a week (cause of life n stuff) I was now way behind. The unavoidable nature of a loot based online RPG game I guess, but it becomes a hard sell for all those who only have time to play a few times a week.

But I still love the setting and the concept... maybe if I can retire at 55 and I'm still a gamer I can get back on-board with these types of games
gumby579
AG
I'm in. Beta starts Thursday. Took off Friday since I have way too much vacation saved.

Everything I've seen makes me feel like this will be good at release. I think the main problem with the original release was end game content. Most of us hit level 30 in 3-4 days and were then like.....now what? Then the bugs began and scarcity of loot and finally DZ being horrible. They have cleaned up a huge list of things since but man I know we had 3-4 groups of 4 in a chat at a time and that fizzled out quickly.
AtlAg05
AG
I was able to get all the sets complete with the help of the events in Div1. Gotten all the shields so far, just need the last to drop and I'll have 12/12. Haven't decided if I'm going to pre order or wait a few days.

I enjoyed the hell out of survival, hope that drops this year.
agproducer
AG
I'm totally in. I've put 16 days into the first one. I like the adjustments the developers made as the game went along. Also, the improved loot drops helped. The opening of the West Side Piers was nice and offered a new spin. The shields kept it fresh. I hope there is a lot of carryover to Division 2.

I'm excited for the new locale. I think D.C. will be a fun setting. I was a little disappointed that the developers didn't expand to lower Manhattan in Division 1.

Overall, The Division is all I really play because I can pick up, play a quick mission and be done. I can spend more time if I want. The legendary and heroic levels are awesome for missions.

I need to preorder to secure the beta.

Add me agproducer on PS4.
dcaggie04
AG
Beta download will be 45GB.

Also, if you have beta access, you will be able to send beta invites to up to 3 friends.
Prime0882
AG
Anyone want to be my friend?
TheBruceWayne
JRC0811 said:

No,

p.s if you send me a beta code in time for spieg to download it for me i'll play
AtlAg05
AG
TheBruceWayne said:

JRC0811 said:

No,

p.s if you send me a beta code in time for spieg to download it for me i'll play

Another successful TexAgs hookup?
Prime0882
AG
AtlAg05 said:

TheBruceWayne said:

JRC0811 said:

No,

Another successful TexAgs hookup?
Not likely, since he's too dense to realize I was looking for a beta code myself.

Love you, Crown.
TheBruceWayne
Haha
RadAg14
AG
I'll post my 3 codes here when i get them
agproducer
AG
RadAg14 said:

I'll post my 3 codes here when i get them

PS4?
AtlAg05
AG
Looks like if you were in the alpha you should get into the beta.
Tex117
AG
I think I have a Beta Code....does that mean I can invite 3 others?

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
agproducer
AG
I have a beta code. I'll post my additional codes when I have time.
RadAg14
AG
Yeah I'm on ps4. Shouldve clarified
agproducer
AG
They apparently aren't giving codes for the additional invites. You have to pick people on you Ubisoft friends list to send the invites.
RadAg14
AG
Yeah it's too much work. I have 2 friends i gave mine to. If anyone gives me their ubisoft info I'll try to get you one that way
agproducer
AG
I played about 30 minutes of the beta before heading to work. I'm looking forward to playing more.

It starts off with you alone working to get to The White House lawn. I made my way to The White House, the Base of Operations.

My initial impressions:

It looks good, plays smooth. The new HUD display will take some getting used to. Developers made the icons really small along with the notifications. I ended up getting a request from another agent and didn't realize it because it was so small.

The menu interface will also take some adjusting. The armor levels don't seem easily readable. Maybe it's because I'm used to D1.

The game seems like it has a LOT more options and mods over D1.

Also, the armor and repair is a cool touch.

RadAg -- add me on PS4 and if I'm around later tonight, maybe we can run some stuff.

*edited for me not being informed enough about the armor
thaed137
AG
Armor is the new health. Everyone's health is the exact same, but the amount of armor icons you have is indication of toughness. Repairing your armor is how you basically get back health etc...
AtlAg05
AG
They made a lot of improvements since the alpha, it feels a lot more solid. I've only done the White House mission and started the first main one.
jeffk
AG
Played about an hour last night. Looks and feels good and it's fun like the first one. I was never going to be a day one buyer due to lack of play time available, but it's nice to hear that they've made some critical adjustments based on the failings of D1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.