**** Official Anthem PC and Xbox thread****

11,822 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AGSPORTSFAN07
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would prefer to minimize threads so we can combine PC and Xbox since the PS4 thread is already started.

DEMO DATES
- Jamuary 25th - 27th, VIP demo from pre-ordering the game. You also can invite 3 friends to the VIP demo if you have preordered. Instructions on how here https://gamerant.com/anthem-demo-friend-code/
- Feb 1st - 3rd, free demo open to all

*PC DISCORD SERVER*
https://discordapp.com/invite/QF94SJd

**** PC Origin name list ****
- madmarttigan
- ClarkWGrisw0ld
- xMoneyManziel
- Koadie81618
- Daredev1l7
- RealAgel
- Parrot_Paradox
- ThnickaMan

**** Xbox Gamertags ****
- b1gbass1170
- Pman
- debt2society
- TheFeelOfCotton
- Mainiac6
- nolank85

*combo info*
Formerly tv1113
bigbass1170
AG
Anyone on Xbox feel free to add me b1gbass1170

Preordered so I could play the early demo but just got sent offshore. Awful timing. But should be back for launch day.
Pman17
AG
Pre-ordered and ready for the weekend! I'll be on right when the demo goes live tomorrow @11 am

Xbox - Pman
dcaggie04
AG
I'll be on this weekend.

XB - debt2society
Pman17
AG
Finally can get on and servers are packed.
Pman17
AG
This demo broke all of EA's Servers! Can't get into Battlefield games nor Battlefront.
Madmarttigan
AG
It's funny how no game is ever ready for its own popularity.
Formerly tv1113
agdoc2001
AG
PC - ClarkWGrisw0ld
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pman17
AG
Does it work now?
Madmarttigan
AG
working just fine for me tonight

edit* definitely just jinxed myself lol
Formerly tv1113
FincAggie06
AG
pc - xMoneyManziel
Pman17
AG
Woke up at the crack of dawn. Loaded in to the "Destiny" area, frame rate and controls terrible. Selected a mission, loading bar stuck.

Restarted the Xbox
Quit the game 5 times, tried different modes... nothing
Madmarttigan
AG
It did end up working fine for me last night. Unlocked the storm.
Formerly tv1113
Pman17
AG
Works now... only freeplay
koadie
AG
I'm on PC Koadie81618
Tomdoss92
AG
Pman17 said:

Woke up at the crack of dawn. Loaded in to the "Destiny" area, frame rate and controls terrible. Selected a mission, loading bar stuck.

Restarted the Xbox
similar for me. well not up at the crack of dawn but stuck at the maybe 95% loading. can't even force quit have to restart the xbox.

Enough of a "C'mon EA" again that I cancelled the pre-order. may pick it up some time down the road but complete fail demos should be a thing of the past.
GoneForGood
Pre-ordered the Legion Of Dawn edition.

Xbox: TheFeelOfCotton
GoneForGood
Tomdoss92 said:

Pman17 said:

Restarted the Xbox
similar for me. well not up at the crack of dawn but stuck at the maybe 95% loading. can't even force quit have to restart the xbox.

Enough of a "C'mon EA" again that I cancelled the pre-order. may pick it up some time down the road but complete fail demos should be a thing of the past.

I disagree with this. The demos let them iron out major links prior to launch day. With launch being a month away it gives them time to iron out this stuff and hopefully the servers will be stable day 1. Now if we were having these issues on launch day after betas had exposed them, then I'd be upset.
Madmarttigan
AG
No major game like this has ever had a flawless launch that I can think of. It's really more about how fast they fix things. Will it Be stabilized after a day or have lingering problems for a week is how I will judge it. I expect problems every time I try to play a game on release, EA or not.
Formerly tv1113
koadie
AG
We all know this demo is a beta.

I think I've played 8 total hours so far. This feels really good.
Madmarttigan
AG
koadie said:

We all know this demo is a beta.

I think I've played 8 total hours so far. This feels really good.

I agree I can't get over how much I love the combat and the diversity of it.
Formerly tv1113
GoneForGood
I was surprised and how quickly I went through the missions. In tyoical Bioware fashion, I was hooked wanting more. I can't wait for the story behind this game.

The character Matthias was funny and quirky, kind of like the Salarian doctor from Mass Effect
koadie
AG
Anybody want to run in a little bit
Pman17
AG
Still broken, can't do crap
Madmarttigan
AG
I dunno really havent had that many problems trying to play. Some crashes and some lag but nothing constant.
Formerly tv1113
Pman17
AG
Figured it out. Select mission and then goes into infinite loading screen. Quit game and restart. Hit A to continue mission on sign in screen.
Average Joe
AG
If this wasn't an EA game I would be all over it. Other than the server issues (understandable at this point) everything looks great. EA has burned me too many times, however, so I'll be cautious for now.
koadie
AG
So I was bummed the demo ended already. Figured it ended tomorrow
Pman17
AG
Only had time to get one mission out of the time spent trying to get the game working. After getting past the infinite load screen bug they're having a difficult time solving, the game plays great. The game is very much a knockoff of Destiny and they flip flopped the point of views between gameplay and the social hub. Music sounds the same too. Things I didn't like was the FPS or blur effect you get looking around in the social hub and gameplay of flying around can be disorienting. It will take some getting used to.
Mattressburn
AG
The game was really taxing my RTX 2070. I hope they improve performance. Also was having a lot of audio issues. The controls are terrible as well. Not nearly as polished of a demo as Destiny 2 was, of course, that meant nothing it turns out. Maybe it will work out the other way. Rough demo, but great game??

I can only hope.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I didn't get much chance to play the colossus but it may be a little too slow and plodding for me. The ultimate is pretty awesome though.

Love the storm style and the ultimate. Actually I thought the ranger was boring then I changed the abilities around and got different weapons with a shotgun and LMG and got in things faces and it was really fun.

Also are you referring to pc controls or Xbox, I know pc controls is something they have been working on I noticed flight was better than the alpha. Swimming is still horrible though.
Formerly tv1113
koadie
AG
So on PC, once I redid the control map to fit what I'm accustomed to for D2, it made a lot of things easier. You can also turn off the blur when flying. It's in the settings. That may help with the vertigo type feeling.
Madmarttigan
AG
I also mapped abilities and melee to my mouse buttons it's hard to move properly with the default key binds. I would definitely recommend changing it. Things were so rough at the beginning for me a debated using a controller but everything feels a lot smoother now.
Formerly tv1113
koadie
AG
Right now, after the demo, this will probably fill my destiny void. D2 feels a little blah at the moment. I know there were bugs, and that was frustrating. However, games like this need a grace period imo. They have to get it out to make money and it's a live game. I'd expect some launch day issues as well.

That could totally change at launch, but I am diggin the loop, the actual forge, the free vanity options like paint colors. My interceptor is maroon and white, while my ranger is hunter green and black with a gold accent looks awesome.

I played interceptor and had a blast flying in doing slicing things up with a dagger getting out and doing it all over again, really went into what I feel like a rouge should feel like. Quick agile and sneaky. The abilities on that class kinda felt secondary until I got mines.

Some things I've noticed about the devs is how opened they've been. Really makes me excited about the future of the game.

Pros: Once in the game, flying felt great and I enjoyed the differences between the two suits I used.
Forging weapons items and consumables was cool.
I actually went into free roam on hard and demolished world bosses solo after doing this.
The secrets I found flying around were cool.

Cons: There are some overall performance issues on all platforms. I run a GTX 1600 6gb and was getting 60 fps on the regular during missions, but in fort tarsis, I would have frame rate drops down to 45 and then jump back up. It can be jarring when you aren't used to that. On a console, I've heard of faces not loading in at the fort as well as even worse frame rate issues.

In the *strike*(forgot what it was called) there were times that the game just wouldn't load the next part of the mission, or the echos wouldn't exist at all. We would have to quit the mission and restart.

At times, it sounded as though my sound would cut out, or the sound of guns would continue even when there is no enemy and shots being fired.

I don't know enough about game design to say what can and what can't be fixed by launch. From my experience with beta's, the sound issues can be addressed unless the code messes with some other stuff. The frame rate issue might be what it is considering the engine being used and how graphically intense this game is. I'm sure over time this can be addressed to an extent, but someone much smarter than me can tell us more.

Anyone else notice anything?
dcaggie04
AG
One thing to remember is that this demo was a 6 week old build. They have said many things have already been updated or modded in their most up to date version.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.