HDMI connection problem w blueray player and TV

765 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LeanderAg
LeanderAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This problem is driving me nuts and I need help please!!!

The problem is the blueray player will not turn on unless I unplug the HDMI cord from the TV and plug it back in. Then the TV will recognize it and the blueray player will turn on.

I've tried to battle this problem by replacing both the blueray player and the TV. After replacing both I still have the same problem!!! Help please!!!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Just to cover all the bases, have you tried replacing the cable, and also tried a different input on the TV?
LeanderAg
AG
I've tried different HDMI inputs in the TV and get the same result. I've changed HDMI cables as well. But I've never tried "top of the line" high quality cables. Could that be my problem?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
So the blu-ray itself only turns on when the HDMI is plugged in or you can turn it on independently of it being connected to a TV or not?
LeanderAg
AG
The blueray player is connected to the TV via HDMI. I can push the power button on the blueray player all day long and it will never turn on. But as soon as I unplug the HDMI cord and plug it back in, it turns on.
LeanderAg
AG
I'm not sure if I've tried to turn it on when not connected to the TV.
MBUSA
This sounds a whole lot like an ARC problem. Turn off ARC on both units and see if that helps.
LeanderAg
AG
Not sure how to do that, but I'll try to figure it out. I also bought a high quality HDMI cord. Hopefully that works. Thanks for the help.
The Collective
AG
I really doubt it is a cheap cord problem. I could see one cheap cord failing, but duplicating the problem across multiple cords would make me lean a different direction.
LeanderAg
AG
FYI I fixed the problem. Within the blueray player settings, there was an option for HDMI CEC that was turned on. I turned it off and it fixed my problem. I guess with the feature on it wanted me to use my TV remote idk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.