Need a new XBox One Game

1,514 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by easttexasaggie04
Reloadags1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont keep up with what's good or not so thought I would come to the experts. I need a new game with a good story line. I've enjoyed Witcher, Dragon Age, Assasins Creed, Fall Out...etc. Not a big fan of the multiplayer stuff honestly. I seem to die too quickly in those.

Sooooo....any recommendation for what I should play next that is similar to those above?
AgsWin2011
AG
Red Dead Redemption 2
wangus12
AG
The new Tomb Raider series.
Joe Exotic
AG
Heismenberg said:

Red Dead Redemption 2

This x1000. It checks all your boxes and then some.
maverick2076
Skyrim if you haven't played it.
jr15aggie
AG
Red Dead if you want to invest in another huge open world game that will last several hours.

Some of my favorite games that are more in the 10 hour completion range:

Tomb Raider Series (Start with the Definitive edition of the original that came out for the 360, excellent game and they did a good job making it next gen).

Batman Series (again, the remakes of the first two are great and the 3rd one, Arkham Knight, is incredible).

Resident Evil 7 (I thought it was cool and is a stand alone game, only hints at some of the things in previous RE games so no history lesson needed).

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / Shadow of War
Reloadags1998
AG
Thanks guys for the input. I'll take a look now.
jeffk
AG
Either of the new Assassin's Creed games.
CrottyKid
AG
Or even Black Flag if you haven't played it. I still thi k about it from time to time. Awesome game.
COAg15
AG
Wanting to buy another game (first time in a long time). Recommending Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor or Kingdom Hearts 3?

I realize KH3 isn't out yet, but if Shadow of Mordor is that fantastic, I might purchase it first.
CBarrett12
AG
I would also second assassins creed:black flag. That was one of my favorites. My all time favorite though has probably been Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands.
Bryan98
AG
I think Shadow of Mordor just hit Xbox Gamepass. That thing is a heck of a deal, a Netflix for video games, but cheaper than Netflix.
Reloadags1998
AG
Bought Red Dead, pretty disappointed really. Maybe I'm missing something but the last straw was losing the ledegnday bear skin when I was killed on the way back to camp with no way to load a previous save point to get it back. With all the great reviews, I must my missing something important.
AgsWin2011
AG
You must be doing it wrong. By all means it's not a perfect game, but the possibilities are endless. Your limited by your imagination of things you can do, along with a great story. I'm at the beginning of chapter 6 but plan on beating it this weekend, if my wife and kids allow it.
bbattbq01
AG
Reloadags1998 said:

Bought Red Dead, pretty disappointed really. Maybe I'm missing something but the last straw was losing the ledegnday bear skin when I was killed on the way back to camp with no way to load a previous save point to get it back. With all the great reviews, I must my missing something important.

It still counts as having received it for buying the crafting gear that requires it. I lost mine at camp.
YouBet
AG
Reloadags1998 said:

Still torn on buying this game. I think I have soured on open world games. They have hit the point of diminishing returns for me because they are almost too big. I bought GTA V a few months ago. Was entertained for a bit but then became bored to tears with it. Pretty bad when you get desperate to trigger a mission and can't even get that to happen.

Anyway, after reading multiple industry reviews on this game that is the same sentimnet from a lot of folks. Too big and boring. I'm sure I will succumb but I'm going to wait until it gets below $20.
MaroonStain
AG
The words 'open world game' make me slightly ill. I played too many of them back-to-back-to-back after I got my PS4.

Witcher
Uncharted series
Arkham Knight
DA Inquisition
Far Cry
"Thanks and Gig'em"
easttexasaggie04
AG
I would get a free trial of Gamepass and go from there. I like Read Dead 2 but simply don't have the free time to invest in that style of that game anymore. The new DOOM is on Gamepass and it's awesome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.