***Kingdom Hearts 3***

3,296 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenFiasco14
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, have the digital preorder. Just finished replaying Dream Drop Distance and doing Fragmentary Passage. I did start KH1 but put that off to focus on the two most recent story important entries. I saw the leaked opening, and all I can say it is probably either my first or second favorite in the series. That was all I wanted to see and then I went on lockdown on spoilers
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So pumped.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
If you want to play at launch o would just cut your losses and look for videos on birth by sleep and dream drop distance. Thankfully the story so far has movies for 358/2, recoded, and the union cross movie. You can also knock out 0.2 aqua demo in a few hiurs
bearamedic99
AG
this looks to be only on playstation. is that correct?
COAg15
AG
I believe it's going to be available on Xbox One. First time not on a PlayStation only platform
Vade281
AG
yup i'll be getting it
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Saxsoon
AG
bearamedic99 said:

this looks to be only on playstation. is that correct?

Kh3 is on xb1 and PS4, but PS4 is the only one where you can play every game as they have them remastered
BenFiasco14
AG
So in!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
GoneForGood
I pre-ordered mine! Finally a game I can play in front of my kids!
BenFiasco14
AG
Someone who's more in tune with the series please post the story summation videos. I've only played KH1 and 2
Saxsoon
AG
Game trailers back in 2013 put together an excellent timeline narrated by Brandon Jones, dude has An amazing voice

This does not include the prologue demo that came out last year or the mobile game but this will cover 95% of what you need to know
BenFiasco14
AG
Missed this series so much
Hello there
No Switch?
Post removed:
by user
COAg15
AG
well??? someone tell us how it is!
BenFiasco14
AG
COAg15 said:

well??? someone tell us how it is!
I only played for a few hours last night as I unfortunately had to work today, but it's great so far. Feels like hardly any time has passed since I played the last one although it's been years.

Only to the first world, so haven't seen too much of the story, and I'm still getting tutorials so who knows if this is even counted as one of the main worlds.

Combat is really smooth, more of the same from the other games really. Excited to get some more time with the game tonight.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Hah-hah; Ben plays Kingdom Hearts.

Saxsoon
AG
Took the day off and have been through 3 of the worlds, just finished Toy Story. Hercules was fun but holy **** the Toy Story world is what I have always wanted. The cutscenes look straight out of the movies and the recreation of Andy's bedroom is amazing. Gameplay is super super fluid.
BenFiasco14
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

Hah-hah; Ben plays Kingdom Hearts.

What's wrong with kingdom hearts
Pro Ag
AG
Any feedback on if the older games hold up? Never played them and considering playing the remasters with my 12 year old.
Saxsoon
AG
Kh1 is rough gameplay wise. It kicks off once you get out of the opening worlds especially agrabah. Kh2 is great and modernizes the gameplay a lot. Birth by sleep and dream drop distance were the handheld games with the most improvements to the series and are incredible on console.
Saxsoon
AG
God I just watched Tangled last week. They replicated the movie here. There is a particular scene or scenes they replicated exactly but have donald goofy and sora just hanging in the background . It was so surreal.
BenFiasco14
AG
Can someone explain to me again what the "lucky emblems" are and why Donald and goofy won't stfu about them?

It's stuff you can only see with the camera right?
AgsWin2011
AG
I've honestly never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games. Are they similar to say Elder Scrolls in terms of RPG games?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Can someone explain to me again what the "lucky emblems" are and why Donald and goofy won't stfu about them?

Nah, it's the marks in the walls That look like Mickey's head. You snap a pic of them and you get items in return.
Saxsoon
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

You can get pretty good items for them. Just got ribbon which has a nice boost to defense and 30% resistance to all elemental damage. Also depending on difficulty level the harder the game the fewer you need to unlock the secret ending

Saxsoon
AG
Heismenberg said:

I've honestly never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games. Are they similar to say Elder Scrolls in terms of RPG games?

No this is the equivalent of a third person shooter rpg and by that I mean corridors/rooms of fighting enemies. Not really open world though this game did a much better job of larger spaces. Specifically this is an action rpg and closer to games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry.
Pro Ag
AG
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I'll pick it up.
Saxsoon
AG
Pro Ag said:

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I'll pick it up.

Just be aware the kh1 can feel sluggish especially compared to the modern games. I would recommend watching a few videos.

Chain of memories is kind of unique and I like it that it combines card deck building with real time combat with a variation of war at work where your deck with numbered values equal your attacks. If an enemy in real time plays a higher value card it blocks your attack. It can be a lot to track but it is pretty unique.

Birth by sleep lets you choose a couple of commands at a time that augment your base attacks and these have a reload timer so a variation of the deck building but with only 5 or 6 and don't have the war mechanic.

Dream drop distance has a similar mechanic with the deck but you earn the abilities by raising pets (just use them in combat and they unlock new abilities for you to use)

I know that isn't great explaining but would recommend at least watching some videos to fully understand what you are buying into.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Preorder is coming in today. Been waiting for this since 2005.

Played KH2 again recently and the combat blew my socks off. It was absolutely incredible, snappy and fluid.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Frozen level is the best so far. It looks and feels like you are playing in the movie.
2PacShakur
AG
Being under the weather (Minneapolis, go figure), have played it off and on since it arrived. It's fun, they kept the gameplay/ buttons similar to the originals and are not very complicated, pretty much smash the attack button 3/4 of the time. The game incorporates the z-axis more, and enjoy the nod to their park attractions after visiting them frequently when I lived in FL.
Saxsoon
AG
I have entered the end game. WTF is this game, I am so over the moon right now
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.