Has anyone had to give their Surface "CPR"

958 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by H6RBW
TresPuertas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll save you guys the long explanation but the surfaces have an issue with the graphics cards and you basically have to resuscitate them to get everything working again.

here is a brief explanation:

Reddit thread on CPR

I've done this for the last month and its getting worse. Its to the point where if the computer has to go into hibernation it won't wake back up. I'm sick of it and I honestly have another computer I can use as backup but it really pisses me off that I spent all this money and I'm going to get stuck for it all.

My question is twofold:

1. Has anyone had this problem and

2. Have you been able to get Microsoft to cover any of the costs of replacement?

This is a completely common problem and I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't been class actioned on this thing yet, but I'm looking to see if anyone was able to get Microsoft to pay them anything for the malfunctions.
Thriller
AG
Yes - to the point where I stopped using it. I really liked the device and MS tells me the 6 doesn't suffer from those issues, but I'm skeptical.
Wildmen03
AG
That reminds me of back in the early PC days there was a desktop that had "pick it up and drop it" as a repair suggestion when chips would become unseated.

Hopefully this happens to enough devices that MS steps up to the plate to do repairs. Similar to the battery thing with iPhones.
PooDoo
AG
Reminds me of the Xbox 360 overheating. Microsoft won me over with the way they handled that. They would replace the Xbox and pay for shipping on hundreds of thousands of consoles.
Al Bula
AG
I wish I would have seen this one year ago. My SP3 was the best device I had ever owned. It quit turning on last February. I took it in to the MS store and they could do nothing to fix it so I ended up taking credit towards and SP4. These are remarkably great tablets but to just stop turning on all of a sudden is a major fail on MS's part.
techno-ag
AG
Had two that died on me. Haven't bought one since. Love the machines, hate that they die so easy.
Not a Bot
AG
I loved my Surface. It drowned in a hotel bathtub.
mazag08
AG
I've had a SP4 since 2015 and never had a single issue.
H6RBW
AG
My SP3 is still going strong (fingers crossed, while knocking on wood).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.