Madden 19 NCAA Conversion Mod

3,804 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by StrykerAg
koadie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, a buddy sent me a text saying that the community is making an NCAA conversion mod on Madden 19. There are 32 teams listed. The Ags aren't one of them. I'm looking for someone to help create the Ags in the game. I don't know how, but I will be glad to help in any way I can. I loved the NCAA games and would give anything (legally) to play it again with modern graphics.

The link can be found here.

The following teams are listed:

Alabama
Auburn
Boise State
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Houston
Iowa
LSU
Miami
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Ole Piss
oregon
Pen State
South Carolina
Stanford
TCU
Tennesse
tu
UCF
UCLA
USC
West Virginia
Virginia Tech
Washington
Wisconsin.

Eph: 2:8
AggieKO
AG
I thought I read recently that a different game developer was going to take a shot at a college football game. Whatever happened to that?
koadie
AG
My understanding of that game is that they have no licensing rights. So it would all be fictional schools.

fav13andac1)c
AG
koadie said:

My understanding of that game is that they have no licensing rights. So it would all be fictional schools.

With the ability to create your own schools or an in game community of school sharing?
koadie
AG
Sadly, I'm not sure. I'd have to research that game more. Unfortunately, my office has that blocked, so I can't look more into it.

I just have such fond memories of the NCAA franchise that I was excited when I saw this.

jawalker9012
AG
Gridiron Champions is working on an NCAA specific game, however as mentioned by OP, they are not licensed and are having issues fundraising. From my understanding the community within Gridiron Champions will be able to mod certain schools if and when their product ever comes to market. In the meantime, Madden 19 is ready to roll and there is already a group working on an NCAA 19 Mod within Madden 19. They just unwisely left off the Ags.
koadie
AG
jawalker9012 said:

Gridiron Champions is working on an NCAA specific game, however as mentioned by OP, they are not licensed and are having issues fundraising. From my understanding the community within Gridiron Champions will be able to mod certain schools if and when their product ever comes to market. In the meantime, Madden 19 is ready to roll and there is already a group working on an NCAA 19 Mod within Madden 19. They just unwisely left off the Ags.
For clarification, the mod is a community project. Obviously, EA still won't produce an NCAA game/mod.

But yes I agree with everything here.

PooDoo
AG
These Madden graphics aren't that great and the engine is worse than the last NCAA game.

Just keep updating the roster on the old one.
koadie
AG
PooDoo said:

These Madden graphics aren't that great and the engine is worse than the last NCAA game.

Just keep updating the roster on the old one.

I would... But my wife wasn't keen in having a xbox360, PS4, switch and PC. I gave up the older generation console.

Dark Helmet
The gridiron champions game is built around custom teams/players and the developers have "said" this. That's why the teams it ships with are such crap, they're low-key advertising that you're supposed to create your own teams and stadiums and all that.

Edit: you are also able to create conferences and bowls and all that.

Fundraising is also not an issue, unless they've wasted all the money they got already. Which can happen. I haven't been following it because the initial release tis so far away.

Judging from what I heard a while ago, the first game isn't going to be too good but the second installment is where they'll take what they've learned from the first and improve things. So there you go.

The "madden mod" isn't going to be worth a damn, it'll just be a graphics conversion. There's no point to that, unless they're doing a proof of concept. Even then, without conferences and the various details that differentiate collegiate and professional football it's a futile exercise. It's a novelty.
StrykerAg
AG
The teams and fields sure look good. Anybody try their hand at making the Aggies?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.