Google Fi question

5,582 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
rbcs_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
exp said:

https://onemileatatime.com/google-fi-review/

Never considered this but damn
**** happens. Sounds like they had issues right from the start with their credit card company rejecting the purchase and things got all out of whack.

But if one is going to take a random blog post into account when they make a switch like this there are probably 1000 with the opposite opinion/experience.
Bobcat-Ag
I have had zero issues with the service so far so I am hopeful that this will continue. It does seem bothersome that if you potentially get flagged by google payments, they will not let you pay for your services in some way. It would seem that if a customer owes you money and you need to accept a payment, then you should have a work around for that.
exp
AG
I think the issue is bigger than Google Fi. If you're all in on the Google ecosystem like I am, that's a concerning tale.
coastalAg
AG
You have to think that is an extreme outlier though. I have never heard of anything like that before.
Aggietaco
AG
Also seems like an easy fix is to have 2 forms of payment linked to Gpay.
rbcs_2
AG
Be concerned if you want but you have to admit that's such a far fetched scenario that the odds of it happening to you are extremely slim. I think it could be argued that the possibility of it happening to anyone else is fairly remote.

Really, when has Google ever shipped something the same day it was purchased?
kyledr04
AG
Not suprising at all. A lot of these tech companies have no clue how to customer service should work.
John Beckwith
AG
Google especially so. You can find stories like this for all types of Google services where customer service is non existent and you're just stuck with whatever the problem is
JSKolache
AG
exp said:

https://onemileatatime.com/google-fi-review/

Never considered this but damn
sounds like a 5 star whiner there. Ive never had a billing problem with Fi, or any other provider.
fig96
AG
Bumping an old thread to revisit as Google Fi has now been supporting the iPhone for a while.

Thinking about switching our iPhones away from AT&T over to Google Fi (iPhone X) and wanted to hear about others' experiences. Any recs/success stories/etc.?
aggielax48
AG
Prepare your anus if you have an issue and have to go through customer service.
aggie_wes
AG
Switched about 6 months ago to get a sweet discount on my Pixel 3. It's been mostly good. Service is OK, not as good as at&t, but not bad enough to have an issue. I haven't traveled with it except to Mexico, but everything worked perfect. I had coverage and data., No problem.

I use more data than I apparently thought, so it's been expensive.
double aught
AG
aggielax48 said:

Prepare your anus if you have an issue and have to go through customer service.
It's been a couple years since I had an issue, but this hasn't been my experience at all. My phone was acting weird. I called, and a real live person answered first thing. She was friendly and helped me with the problem.
rbcs_2
AG
I've seen the complaint before but I've never had an issue with Fi customer service. Only positive experiences.
nai06
AG
Customer service has been great for me personally. I also just switched to their "unlimited" plan and that's been good too since I rarely use more than 12 gb of data
OasisMan
AG
I love their customer service
fig96
AG
Thanks all. Anyone using an iPhone rather than a Pixel?
AgsMyDude
AG
Anyone have a referral code? Looking at the pixel 3a or 4 and going to see what kind of deal FI drops on BF.
double aught
AG
8C80JD
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.