So what black friday electronic gadgets will you be scouting?

3,805 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AtlAg05
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I shop for myself (along with my loved ones) on BF.

I doubt it will go on sale, but I'm really wanting the DJI Mavic Pro 2 drone. Also looking at a new NAS. Maybe the Synology D218. As a filmmaker, I have my eye on the DJI Ronin S Gimbal. Also need a new UPS for the house.

What ya'll got?
boy09
AG
Looking for a sale on a TCL 43" 4k TV that i can use as a computer monitor. The 49, 55, and 65 inch models were all on sale yesterday, but not the 43....

Other than that, there will probably just be a bunch of impulse buys..
AggieChemE09
AG
Getting some Hue Light Strips to finish off my downstairs.
aggiebq03+
Looking to build a gaming PC, so just checking how much I can get off on each component. Been using an iMac for the last 15+years, and last time I build a PC was pre 2000. Luckily now it's easier to check compatibility. Just hoping to find some deals.

Those 21:9 monitors are calling to me...
Duncan Idaho
Google home hub and maybe some more hue lights.
Aggietaco
AG
Pixel 3 for the rib. Nothing for me, I've bought too much crap I don't need already.
wangus12
AG
New HP Spectre computer after my last one got stolen. We've already gotten 2 tvs, a Macbook for my fiance and an XB1X. That insurance check came at a good time of year
k20dub
AG
Got a Mavic 2 Pro a few weeks ago. It is BADASS. Brought it out to a friend's ranch last weekend. So sick. Haven't seen any discounts on it for BF
RC_57
AG
We're scouting Black Friday sales for an all in one color laser printer

Prefer wireless, catridge (not ink), home office application.
Would like to keep it under $400

Anyone got any suggestions for a model to look for?

And maybe where?
Thanks
adamsbq06
AG
I doubt they will discount it this soon. Likely the Mavic AIR and Mavic Pro will be discounted as bundles.
redd38
AG
wangus12 said:

New HP Spectre computer after my last one got stolen. We've already gotten 2 tvs, a Macbook for my fiance and an XB1X. That insurance check came at a good time of year

I'm maybe in the market for a laptop, you see a deal on that one? You happy with that laptop I'm guessing?
wangus12
AG
Best buy is having some deals on them for BF. I bought one in 2015 and it worked great for me. Used it for some streaming, as a tablet, some video editing and some light gaming. Never had any issues.
Psychag
AG
Amazon Echo and Dot...anyone have these? Thoughts?
gumby579
AG
3 x 8TB easystores from Best Buy for NAS

Also maybe finally a smart thermostat.
aggieforester05
AG
Nintendo Switch for the kiddos. Maybe a new receiver to connect everything since my current one died after a lightning strike. Have thought about replacing living room TV with a bigger 4K unit, but that's going to be a hard sell to the wife when my 2010 55" Toshiba still works perfectly and is just too big physically to go anywhere else in the house.
jbirdag96
AG
A 2nd Nintendo Switch so my oldest and I can game together and, maybe, a new vid card to replace the 970 I have now.
saltydog13
AG
Adding a second google Wifi unit and maybe another sonos or two
The Fife
Switch and/or PS4 deals.

Not shopping in person, because ain't nobody got time for that!
The Count of Monte Carlo
Sonos beam bar. Maybe a google home hub but not sure I'd actually use the screen. HomePod at $100 off was tempting but I decided to pass.
Rex Racer
AG
Perhaps a mesh network.

And a few of the new Echo Dots for the kids.

Maybe some more bulbs that are compatible with my SmartThings hub.
Rex Racer
AG
Psychag said:

Love them.

Paired with a wifi thermostat, smart bulbs, and a music service, best purchase ever.

That said, Google Home can do the same things.
KidDoc
AG
Rex Racer said:

Psychag said:

Love them.

Paired with a wifi thermostat, smart bulbs, and a music service, best purchase ever.

I prefer google home just because I have chromecast and chromecast audio and those are not compatible with the Amazon products. I mostly use it for shopping list and to cast streaming music to pool or garage speakers with a voice command.

I have google mesh WIFI with 3 nodes and it really helps with wifi coverage.

Only "gadget" I may shop for is an external hard drive for my PS4. Any tips on that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
AG
KidDoc said:

Rex Racer said:

Psychag said:

Love them.

I prefer google home just because I have chromecast and chromecast audio and those are not compatible with the Amazon products. I mostly use it for shopping list and to cast streaming music to pool or garage speakers with a voice command.

I have google mesh WIFI with 3 nodes and it really helps with wifi coverage.

Only "gadget" I may shop for is an external hard drive for my PS4. Any tips on that?

Yeah, it's pretty much all about what ecosystem you are most invested in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
40" Hisense 1080p TV for $99

I know it won't be the best of quality but for that good a deal it's hard to pass up.
saw em off
k20dub said:

Got a Mavic 2 Pro a few weeks ago. It is BADASS. Brought it out to a friend's ranch last weekend. So sick. Haven't seen any discounts on it for BF

You now got me all in the jealous feels. I'll may wait for the good ol tax refund.
kb2001
AG
TCL 55S405 for $350 right now

Does anybody have this one? It's the 2017 model

https://smile.amazon.com/TCL-55S405-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MTGM5I9/ref=sr_1_1_acs_ac_2?s=amazon-devices&ie=UTF8&qid=1542836040&sr=8-1-acs&keywords=tcl

Or, this year's model for $430

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07987KQBN/?ref=r4m_udw_tv_us_dd

It's pulling at me

ETA- looks like the HDR tech changed from HDR10 to DolbyHDR. I don't know anything about this stuff anymore, which one does Xbox One support?
fig96
AG
Need to get a Nest, the Carrier digital thermostat the builder installed is pretty crappy. Looks like Costco has a deal with a Nest and a Google Home Mini.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

40" Hisense 1080p TV for $99

I know it won't be the best of quality but for that good a deal it's hard to pass up.
Walmart site got slow as **** and they sold out in minutes, as expected. Oh well, I was a little dubious of the brand and the fact that it was a TV made especially for Black Friday.

Ended up going with a 43" Insignia for $179 on Best Buy.
AtlAg05
AG
Since my PSU died last night, one of them! Micro Center has EVGA 850 Gold GQ semi modular for $70 in store.

Going to grab one while I start the warranty process on the broken one.
caleblyn
Apple Watch Series 4 - however, there is not one sale out there. Was going to get the 3 to replace my broken 3(w/o care...another story but the wife said get the 4!

Need a kid-friendly drone. Read that amazon will have a Monday sale on the Parrot Mambo for $55.

Fitbit Alta hr for my 11-yr old. Will buy from Kohl's today
BEaggie08
AG
I'm looking for the same. Check Dell's website. They have some Lexmark and Xerox options. I don't know anything about them, but I'm all about getting out of the inkjet game.
aggieforester05
AG
BEaggie08 said:

I'm looking for the same. Check Dell's website. They have some Lexmark and Xerox options. I don't know anything about them, but I'm all about getting out of the inkjet game.

Check B&H they had a Ricoh color laserjet for under $200 yesterday
BEaggie08
AG
Just saw that Woot has the 43" for $189.99

https://www.woot.com/category/electronics?ref=w_gh_el_4
YouBet
AG
65" 4K tv. My oldest tv (Samsung GT Plasma) suddenly won't show a picture now. Might actually be a bad cable or port on the tv, but I was probably going to replace it soon anyway.
Señor Chang
AG
Any deals on a PS4 Pro?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.