Sports Scores App Recommendations (College Sports, primarily)

971 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KidDoc
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm looking for a good, reliable sports scores app, especially for College Football and Basketball. Something that gives live updates on who has the ball, down and distance, etc. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
LitreBoy
AG
Yahoo Sports app is decent
k20dub
AG
Yahoo Sports and ESPN are definitely the best. ESPN has definitely stepped up their app in the last year or so. You can watch all kinds of games and even scroll through other scores and news with the game in picture in picture mode.
Ag12thman
AG
Does the ESPN one cost?
k20dub
AG
Sort of. The app is free and you can do most things without subscribing, but to be able to watch everything you will either need a cable subscription or pay for their ESPN+ service.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks! I have ESPN through Dish Network already so I'm sure I can just log-in that route. I'll give it a shot. I don't have a yahoo account, so ESPN may be the better option for me.
90 bull
AG
I prefer the score app to yahoo sports. The yahoo sports UI gets in the way. They seem to push video over real time updates.
Ag12thman
AG
Is its official name "Score"?
90 bull
AG
I just checked. Officially it is the Score
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks!
Raptor
AG
ESPN is great. Individual games are very detailed. Wish they would show A&M winning more games.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

JSKolache
AG
Espn.com
m-walker
AG
theScore: Sports News & Scores by theScore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thescore-sports-news-scores/id285692706?mt=8
Tailgate88
AG
I like The Score.
Ag12thman
AG
I'm actually trying both of them currently (The Score and ESPN) and both seem pretty good. Is there a way to see up-to-date score and down and distance with the Score? It seems like when I go to the scores "view" I have to refresh the screen to get the most current score, time left, and down and distance. Does that screen auto-update? It could just be my fairly (about 4 years) old phone.
KidDoc
AG
I use The Score also, it is pretty dang good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.