My mom is in a nursing home and I wondered about useful functionality of certain smart home type devices like Google Home Hub and Amazon Echo Show (or others). She doesn't really have smart appliances (the nursing home handles most everything) but she may get a chrome cast at some point.

Why would she need this? Well, she can't use her hands well so her old tablet is hard for her to use. Her mind is still intact, she just can't walk and has arthritis, etc. But her speaking is just fine.

What would she need? I know she would like to do a few things where I am hoping to figure out if a smart device could be helpful. She likes looking at pictures (normally using Google Photos) and she would like to be able to use Facebook (just reading updates, not posting anything). I know she would like to be able to share a shopping list with me and I know she would like to be able to hear music, news briefs, weather, and other updates.

Is it worth having a smart home device for a situation like this? Is the functionality easy enough/good enough? Are there aspects of these devices that I'm missing? She does not have an Amazon account but does have a Google account (email mostly).

tia