Best Airpods?

6,784 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TMoney2007
nactownag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious...how easy it to switch what they paid to? Say I usually use my iPhone but want to pair to my peloton bike each morning? Is it a similar level of seamless?
zip04
AG
I'm not sure about that, but my Airpods paired seamlessly and switch back and forth seamlessly between my iPhone and Series 4 Iwatch (obviously both Apple products).
Astroag
AG
adotsloan said:

For anyone having fit issues with the AirPods I would recommend looking at earhookz on Amazon. $5.99 gets you 2-4 pair of the silicone slip on pieces that will secure them in your ear much better.
def. gonna look into these...only reason I haven't gotten airpods is they won't stay in my ears

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
BaytownAg13
AG
I'm trying to decide between Airpods and the JayBird Run. I've read some reviews/comparisons online and i thought I had decided on the JayBirds due to their audio quality before reading that many people have had connectivity and delay issues.
I'll mainly be using these for running, but it would be nice if I could also use them to watch videos/netflix/etc. without having audio delay problems. Also, I don't have an iphone so the Siri integration is not important to me.
Has anyone had these same issues with the JayBirds?
BBQ4Me
AG
Maybe we will see them in a couple weeks.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/05/new-airpods-bluetooth-database/
gibby03
AG
BaytownAg13 said:

I'm trying to decide between Airpods and the JayBird Run. I've read some reviews/comparisons online and i thought I had decided on the JayBirds due to their audio quality before reading that many people have had connectivity and delay issues.
I'll mainly be using these for running, but it would be nice if I could also use them to watch videos/netflix/etc. without having audio delay problems. Also, I don't have an iphone so the Siri integration is not important to me.
Has anyone had these same issues with the JayBirds?

I don't run with them but I haven't had any issues with them coming loose with the silicone tips that came with them. One time I put my phone in my pocket and leaned against a wall where it put concrete between my pocket and my ear and it cut out just a bit. Other than that zero connectivity issues.
txam92
AG
I recently bought the Jabra Elite Active 65t and I really like them. They stay in my ears for all the workouts and fit well. Just my two cents....
dlp3719
AG
AirPods don't fit my ear. I LOVE, LOVE my Bose Free Soundsports. Auto pairing, charges in cases. They have a silicone hook that locks them into place. Easy to run with. Good call quality.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I opened my birthday present early and I think I am immediately in love with the airpods.

I have long been an apple critic for selling severely overpriced hardware but these sound great, are comfortable, and using them is a breeze. I haven't been this excited for an apple product in a long time, probably since my first iphone. After all of the money I have wasted on other wireless earbuds this was totally worth the price.

My only complaint is being able to institute double versus single tap functionality to have more tap commands, and ultimately in future generations being able to swipe your finger to control the volume. That would make them perfect.
Formerly tv1113
Juan Solo
AG
They're being discounted $30 at Sam's this Saturday, first time i ever seen a discount of them.
Ag12thman
AG
How do AirPods hold up with heavy sweaters like myself? I generally only need headphones when I workout and/or run.
TMoney2007
AG
I have sennheiser over the ear headphones that sound like they compete in all the areas they are meant to (they're not earbuds, so all the differences that come with that). Pairing, controls and all that sound just as good. Noise canceling is great.

I haven't bought any Bluetooth earbuds, but if you aren't using Apple, there are probably some out there that compete.

I wish I had experience with similarly priced non-apple offerings. Maybe in the next year or so.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.