SECPlus on ESPNPlus - DirectTV - Problem

1,758 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Although our 4 VB and Soccer games last weekend were shown on ESPNPlus lineup under the SECPlus

logo, they would not come up when keyed ! Calls to ESPN and Direct were of no use . They hardly knew of the

SEC much less ESPNPlus ! Our payment to ESPNPlus were recorded.

All VB and soccer games not on SEC Network are on SECPlus !

Any suggestions to solve this problem will be welcome ! 3 games are scheduled this weekend.

zurcaled11
AG
Is SECplus a channel? I had always thought the channels were SEC and an SEC Alternate? I thought ESPNplus was the online streaming?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
SECPlus is an add on to ESPNPlus . Not a network . $ 5 for subscription .
redd38
AG
What device are you using? Have you watched other live events through ESPN+? Have you watched other live events on SECN+?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Yes on all questions. Problem started last week. Have used SECPlus from the ESPNPlus lineup on computer and all tvs ! Am getting ESPNPlus programs ok .

Redd and Zurc - did you watch Friday's soccer game through ESPNPlus and what network ?

Will test this again tonight at 6:30 UK soccer game .
3rdGen2015
AG
I think you have a misunderstanding of what SEC Network+ is. You do not need to pay for ESPN+ to access SEC Network+. SEC Network+ is part of the same package that allows you to access ESPN3/WatchESPN with your TV subscription.

From the "About SEC Network+" Page:
Quote:

2. What is the difference between ESPN+ and SEC Network+?

SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network, with digitally exclusive events available on the ESPN App. ESPN+ is the first-ever multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International group and ESPN. It delivers thousands of additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN's television or digital networks, housed in a completely redesigned ESPN App.
Quote:

3. ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?

No. SEC Network+ is part of your pay TV subscription.

To reiterate, you do not need the ESPN+ subscription to watch SEC Network+
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
If so, what is the channel number for SECplus ? On directtv SEC is 611 -There is an alternate chammel but it

isn't SECPlus. Why does ESPNPlus have SECPlus in it's lineup ?

Still confused .
zurcaled11
AG
  • Are you watching through a DirectTV cable box?
  • You said you watch ESPN+ no problem, what channel is ESPN+ on your DirectTV?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Cable - I get ESPNPlus on HDMI 2 - no channel number .

On computer WatchEspn has ESPNPlus - am now

watching Iceland vs World Champs France - 2-0 Iceland ahead !

Thanks for all the replies !
3rdGen2015
AG
Do you have a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick or Google Chromecast plugged into HDMI 2? As far as I know, ESPN+ is an internet only channel and shouldn't be available on a cable box.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Got both amazon fire stick and roku . ( France tied Iceland with 2 goals in 5 minutes )
3rdGen2015
AG
Ok great. This is the list of things that I do to watch Aggie Soccer on my Roku when they are playing on SEC Network+:

• Turn on Roku and switch the TV input to the input with the Roku
  • When on the main screen of the Roku, go to the ESPN app
  • Once in the app, go to "Browse" and hit OK. Browse is in the top right hand corner, next to the gear icon
  • Once in the Browse menu, scroll down until you see a list of channels. Go through this list and choose SEC Network+ (be sure to choose the Plus version and not the regular version)
  • Find the event you want to watch

Hopefully this fixes your issue.

The other issue you might be having is that the ESPN app sometimes logs me out of the Roku app, so I have to log out and re-activate using my credentials to be able to watch games.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks 3rdGen ! I have done all that you mentioned - when I hit the SECPLUS games an error message comes

up that says in effect that this is not part of my package.

I'll double check at 6:30 tonight for the UK soccer game and report back .

Many thanks .
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Update : getting SECPlus on WatchESPN on computer ! But get an error message on amazon fire stick when

the SECPlus logo is keyed . Will take time off for now . Thankx again for your input !
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Long out of your espn app and reconnect it. I use roku now but the espn on xbox constantly logs out and i have to reconnect.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
SECplus on WatchEspn must get precedence over Cable and Amazon fire stick and Roku causing them to

issue the error

message . When I got the error messages , I must have assumed WatchESPN on computer would be the

same and didn't check . I'll double check tonight at 7:30 when ladies soccer is on - the game is listed by

WatchEspn .

Would you believe ESPN sent me an email saying that the "new" ESPNPlus did not include SECPlus

and that I would have to go to DirectTV to get it . I emailed them back asking why they included SECPlus in

their lineup if that is so. I believe their instructions are not up to date - which includes the SECPlus explanation .

Again, thanks for all your inputs !

aTm2004
AG
Why . do . you . add . a . space . between . the . end . of . the . sentence . and . the . punctuation ?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Don't know - looks maybe - might have intended to continue - then changed my mind !
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
expresswrittenconsent
Log out on the roku/fire devices and then log back in. Do this first when you have issues.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
aTm2004 said:

Why do . you . add . a . space . between . the . end . of . the . sentence . and . the . punctuation ?
Why do. you. add. a. space. between. the. end. of. the. sentence. and. the. punctuation?

Looks about the same ! Please source the rule about this huge problem .
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Try www: the punctuation guide

In the era of typewriters , it was common to insert 2 spaces at the end of every sentence .

As long as you are typing on a computer , a single space is generally preferred .
expresswrittenconsent
I'm guessing you are a fan of oxford, ms, oxford shirts, and the oxford comma.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
When the English language is involved , why not do as the English do !

As a side note, I have seen all of "Morse" episodes which take place at Oxford plus a lot of " Inspector Lewis " .

For the most part Oxford's faulty and students come off looking real " bad " !

Producers and writers must have a grudge against Oxford .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.