Mobile Phone Options - Tap and Pay Users

432 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cjsag94
cjsag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over the past 2-3 years, I've worked to secure my families banking info, passwords, etc. Part of that, is I use my Samsung Galaxy with MST to tap and pay wherever I can. At this point, it's basically everywhere except for HEB and places where they take your card away to pay, like restaurants (which blows my mind that the US still hasn't gone to table side card machines).

Anyway, this has chained me to Samsung, as I don't believe very many places are accepting actual tap and pay with NFC...but it's the Samsung MST that makes it work.

Who else out there using their phone to pay, and do you find success with something other than Samsung? I'd love to consider the Pixel or other devices, but this is holding me back.
PincheDriller
AG
Honestly I have personally tried to do the same. I'm currently using the iOS ecosystem and I try and use it when and where I can. I agree that the Samsung MST is the best thing currently with Samsung pay combined. I've recently started to convince my wife to use a password manager and being more security conscious.
cjsag94
AG
I use Lastpass and have been happy with that. Just wish I could avoid giving credit card info to merchants.

I even try using PayPal online wherever possible, but have found some merchants give store credit with that payment method of you return anything.
PincheDriller
AG
If you use a citi card, they offer a virtual card number you can use for certain purchases or vendors and they expire after time or can be revoked
nai06
AG
I use Google pay all the time at 7-11. Also I get a notification if I'm at a place that accepts it.
cjsag94
AG
Question is how many places accept NFC payment? My experience is very few terminals have it enabled.

That's not really a Citi card thing...that's a visa and MasterCard capability. I need to look at that for PayPal alternative to solve the store credit type issue.
EMY92
AG
I use Samsung Pay.

Why aren't you using it at HEB? My S6 wouldn't work there, but the S8 does.
cjsag94
AG
I try...try again. It just never works. It's the only place I've never had success. Used to have problems at Lowe's, but I have success there now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.