Command and Conquer Rivals

1,715 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoneForGood
ABATTBQ11
AG
Can you approve me? Just got through the intro.
GoneForGood
BrazosDog02
AG
man...thats badass! pre-registered for IOS.
ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11
AG
Now I can't get past the loading screen
ABATTBQ11
AG
I wish I would stop getting paired with people at way higher levels than me. I was at 3 darker today and somehow got matched with a Nod player are level 6. There's nothing in the level 3 inventory that's taking down an obelisk or one of those worm things. Hell, I'm having trouble doing it at level 4, and with the range those things have, it locks down a missile pad by itself.
GoneForGood
ABATTBQ11
AG
Just beat a guy with obelisks and rock worms. Could have been him not playing effectively, but I found the zone troopers to be highly effective.

The flame troops are definitely a little overpowered. They decimate infantry and vehicles. The inferno is ridiculous too. I wiped out another player because he couldn't shoot them down before they reloaded and wasted everything he had on the ground. They kill medium tanks in one shot.
ABATTBQ11
AG
On a 5 match win streak with GDI and up to 59% total win rate. I've finally got a decent strategy that works well against both sides.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The AI needs work. When rock worms burrow, anything attacking them freaks out and just stops. Also, some units try to move to new hexes when engaging a target next to them...
GoneForGood
ABATTBQ11
AG
It has to be adapted to the different boards, but here's what I try to do:

Strongarm
Build two harvesters.
War factory
Rhino as a scout vehicle. Use it to control pads as necessary
One to two predator tanks for armor support and to control pads
Research Center
Two zone troopers deployed to a pad each if 3, same pad if two.

Titans and zone troopers as necessary to hold the pads after that. Try to keep multiple (2-3) zone troopers at all times. Zone troopers work great against aircraft and vehicles, but the obelisk and rock worms are not as effective against them. Use the turret to block enemy units from the pads or funnel them to unit mismatches.

The biggest weakness here is to infernos. The zone troopers can sometimes knock them out before they launch if they're defending, but they can't attack them. They'll get lit up as they position to fire. Infernos locking down an area must be knocked out by multiple waves or wolverines/hover MLRS.

I think you should be able to see some of my previous matches to follow along.
ABATTBQ11
AG
With nod, I utilize heavy air support and the obelisk, along with cyborgs. Banshees and cyborgs help me control enemy air threats, and along with the obelisk can lock down a pad or two from most vehicles. I use the Inferno to hit enemy infantry, and the fire can help block parts of the board temporarily. The biggest downside is the slowness of the inferno and losing it, but I I'm thinking of replacing something (attack bikes probably) in my lineup with the flame tank because it can take hits while eliminating infantry threats. That way almost all of my bases are covered.

At any point, I'll have 1-2 banshees, 2 infernos, and cyborgs on the board. I might be able to trade a flame tank for an inferno, but 2 infernos make a wide area inaccessible to infantry. Backed by an obelisk and anti-aircraft, they can lock down a significant chunk of real estate in the middle of the board. The actual balance depends on what the opponent throws at me. I'll build more inferno's if they're deploying a lot of infantry and light armor, more cyborgs for lots of anti-aircraft units or heavy armor, and banshees/cyborgs if they're aircraft heavy like me.

IMO, GDI's air support sucks, at least in the lower levels. Their air defense also is lacking outsider the hover MLRS when you consider the disparity between nod and GDI air units. You can't obliterate a GDI opponent with nothing but aircraft, but you can make life hell if they can't deploy zone troopers fast enough to take on two infernos.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Just ended a ten win streak
Dill-Ag13
AG
Bumping this because this game is too much fun. Got a small alliance ('Aggies') if anyone else wants to join up.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I stopped playing a long time ago. After the first 3 levels or so it felt too much like pay to win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.