SpaceX rocket launch last night.

1,167 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag_of_08
labmansid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw this on my Facebook feed this morning. This person made a time lapse video of the rocket launch overlooking Los Angeles. Pretty cool.

https://www.facebook.com/EmericTimelapse/videos/550418238741729/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARA4wDD5VmkSBJig5c0PbI45jPo5cLrST28rZI-5a1xcdbPv0ZvxcS69ULpktV2KthccHP4GM7zAApQw&fref=mentions&__xts__[0]=68.ARCL6bvugJac92bpgw1EsqUcY1U7w-CxCOvDvp02fo2SweOCLUWte2iYQs5rX5FlV9ydogH-htLX-IhMePdTFvY_W3o6iEPLPbBd4F0i73lmQCuLgF4uXV3fpJJ8RU9_kZ0hYCSyEaVgukRGVMH1AHrrzksmETfRIF6XT7kXB3USp5pwhIAF78BqxoGxH-2whP_TWJpd4_nZKJBeStcvNKyJUkuhCGEc4AoaNByAUw
Naveronski
AG
This may be the same, or not. Still neat.

v
dtkprowler
AG
Did it explode or was that just normal operation deploying the initial thrusters?
Naveronski
AG
Normal. They have different motors/nozzle designs for near the surface.
tamusc
AG
Naveronski said:

Normal. They have different motors/nozzle designs for near the surface.
Yeah, that was just from the main booster separating for reentry, right?
hph6203
AG
Looks like second stage separation and ignition and first stage boost back burn. You can see the landing burn at the very end on the bottom right.
Ag_of_08
AG
Part of why it lit up so brightly, it was launched at dusk. The extremely bright flair was the rocket getting high enough to physically have gotten back in the the sunlight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.