Radio Delay and Sync

1,496 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dave99ag
dummble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am anticipating at least 3 more Astros games this season and I would rather listen to the radio broadcast than any of the commentators on tv. This seams to be a common problem and had a bunch of fixes, but it seems nothing come close now.

I found this script and figure i can buy a raspberry pi, usb audio adapter from amazon then hook up my am radio and some speakers and I am in business.

Is this the best route?
flakrat
AG
Interesting, I may have to try out that script.
TX scallywAG
AG
Back when the Stros were on FSN, the radio was actually ahead of the TV broadcast for me. Last time I've tried it. Interesting it's the opposite now.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
hph6203
AG
He wants to delay the radio feed to match up with the lagging video feed. The radio feed is never going to lag behind the video.
bmc13
AG
http://www.scannermaster.com/SportSync_Radio_SR_404_p/58-561973.htm
Jethro95
AG
If you are watching on a DVR so you can pause and ff as needed, stream the radio which will be behind tv and then adjust the tv feed. You will have to pay a few bucks a month to stream the radio feed from the MLB app.
dummble
AG
The radio is like 10 seconds in front of the tv stream.

I am using this - https://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/ on an old laptop till the pi gets here
dummble
AG
It works. Now it turns out I know nothing about programming, I had to watch a video to learn how to launch a script and did a ton of troubleshooting trying to change the playback from hdmi to the audio jack. turns out you can just switch it in the os. How do I go about turning this into a gui? I have a tiny touch screen coming and I am not sure typing in commands is going to work long term.

dave99ag
AG
Nerd!

You're going to get hacked by Russians now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.