***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,056 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just a few weeks from release. So let's get this started.
Wildmen03
AG
I'm definitely getting it. Not sure which version to get. Probably not the ultimate edition or collectors. Likely just end up with the special editio.
wangus12
AG
I'm interested to see how it turns out. It look absolutely incredible.
AliasMan02
AG
We're due another gameplay video, right?
tlepoC
AG
It can't get here soon enough
Gomer95
AG
What all do you get by getting the ultimate edition? I read what it had and it sounded like a few cool things but it said discounts when your character buys stuff so I wondered is it worth it to get the ultimate edition? Usually I'd say no but I think I'll be playing this game a LONG time so I was considering it and I've never bought an "ultimate edition" before. They're usually just money grabs but I'm interested to hear what y'all think about this one.
testosterbone
AG
Quote:

I asked, and they [Rockstar] told me that the testicles shrink and expand depending on the temperature in the game world.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles
SeattleAgJr
chemical toilet said:

Quote:

I asked, and they [Rockstar] told me that the testicles shrink and expand depending on the temperature in the game world.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2980504
superunknown
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

chemical toilet said:

Quote:

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2980504

Laser Wolf
Already pre-ordered the ultimate edition on xbox one x.
Pman17
AG
105 GB
Laser Wolf
Pman17 said:

105 GB

Just heard this too. I really hope it downloads the night before release and there are no server issues.
Forum Troll
AG
Will have to wait for the PC port. For some reason the first RDR didn't make it to PC but basically every other Rockstar title eventually got a PC port.
Bones08
AG
Forum Troll said:

Will have to wait for the PC port. For some reason the first RDR didn't make it to PC but basically every other Rockstar title eventually got a PC port.
Rockstar would be insane to not port this to PC. I would probably expect a 9-15 month wait though.
Forum Troll
AG
Bones08 said:

Forum Troll said:

Rockstar would be insane to not port this to PC. I would probably expect a 9-15 month wait though.
Yes I feel that way about most games but there's still plenty of console exclusives these days.

An article I read says on average its about a 5 to 7 month wait. Some of their games have gone to PC in a few weeks and others like GTA 5 took 17 months or so.
Prime0882
AG
Think I finally gave up hope RDR would be ported to the PS4 or PC. I would have bought that in a heartbeat.
Wildmen03
AG
Bones08 said:

Forum Troll said:

I'm pretty sure they've said they have no plans on bring RDR to PC.
Bones08
AG
Gameplay trailer 2 released this morning

I want it.
AliasMan02
AG
Been casually playing RDR to refamiliarize myself with some of the characters that will surely show up. Filled Fort Mercer full of holes last night, then enjoyed the drift down the river with Irish while headshotting guys on the bank with the Springfield. Also decimated the coyote population to an apocalyptic level. So much fun. Ultimate edition is pre-ordered. Can't wait!
byfLuger41
AG
IN on XB1.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
ac04
taking the day off 10/26
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This is a pre-order for me. Can't wait. I probably played the RDR campaign about 5 times over and Undead Nightmare 3 times over. I love the instances and getting a Posse together. And on my XB1x it's gonna look amazing.
jokershady
AG
There a place y'all would recommend to re familiarize myself with the first game?

Been a long time since I played it and besides James Marsden I can't remember the names of any other characters from the first game...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Pman17 said:

105 GB

Just purchased a bigger hard drive for my PS4 since I had zero space left, much less 105 GB.
Wildmen03
AG
jokershady said:

There a place y'all would recommend to re familiarize myself with the first game?

Been a long time since I played it and besides James Marsden I can't remember the names of any other characters from the first game...
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Red_Dead_Redemption
MW03
AG
The rare pre-order for me as well. I can usually talk myself into waiting a year and playing it at a discount, but not with the sequel to my favorite game of all time.
n_touch
Which hard drive did you go with? I need to do the same.
jokershady
AG
Thank you!

So from what I'm gathering, the character you place as in RDR2 (Arthur) was there during the bank heist that went bad mentioned in the first game and part of the Van der Lind gang.

And this takes place....what, 10-11 years before RDR?

Since Marsden in RDR was working with the Feds to track down members of the Van der Lind gang, what do you think the odds are that Marsden plays some role in being an antagonist in this game?
wangus12
AG
I doubt it. Marston was left for dead in that failed heist from before and the feds were using his family against him in order to force him to hunt down his old gang members. He definitely wasn't doing it because he wanted to. Plus people love that character so I can't see them making him the antagonist.
cr0wbar
AG
my 4 friends and I are really stoked about teaming up for missions. Our group name is already decided:

Grab Em' by the Posse
GiveEmHellBill
AG
n_touch said:

It's a WD Blue 4TB internal on sale this week at Best Buy for $102.

[edit] I wasn't planning on doing the upgrade until right before the game came out, and now I may have found out that this 3.5" HD will not fit in the PS4. I may have to find a 2.5" laptop HD.
MW03
AG
n_touch said:

I got a WD easystore 2tb and a piece of industrial Velcro tape. Plug and play, basically.
n_touch
Found a 2tb laptop drive on best buy for $85. New PS4 Drive 2tb
GiveEmHellBill
AG
n_touch said:

Found a 2tb laptop drive on best buy for $85. New PS4 Drive 2tb
Thanks. Just ordered this one and will pick it up tomorrow when I return the other one.
tlepoC
AG
I'm having a hard time holding back from upgrading to Xbox one x for this game...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.