Time for a new phone

13,227 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by IslandAg76
fta09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the heads up about the black Friday sale on the Pixel. Been wanting to get a phone for my wife for Christmas and I was able to get a deal. They also have an easy trade in program.
tunefx
AG
Converted to Android after iPhone 4. Doubt I ever go back. Currently using Moto Z2 with various snap on mods. Tried Pixel 2 and One gen 2 and jumped back to Moto each time. Will consider Samsung more seriously next go around as I prefer the security capabilities of Samsung. And, because Lenovo now owns Moto.
KidDoc
AG
tunefx said:

Converted to Android after iPhone 4. Doubt I ever go back. Currently using Moto Z2 with various snap on mods. Tried Pixel 2 and One gen 2 and jumped back to Moto each time. Will consider Samsung more seriously next go around as I prefer the security capabilities of Samsung. And, because Lenovo now owns Moto.
I hope Lenovo doesn't mess up the Moto z series. This Moto z3 I bought about a month ago is far & away the best phone I've ever owned.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag12thman
AG
Where can I try one of the Moto phones? I went to AT&T and didn't see any there. I have literally not ever seen one or held one as my family and friends are opposite of me and think they must always go with iPhone. I love Android a lot, so still looking at all the Android phone options out there. The Moto phones I am pretty dumb about and trying to see if one of those might be a better choice than going back with Samsung (most likely not going to do based on earlier comments in this thread) or spending $1,000 on a Google Pixel 3XL.
KidDoc
AG
Ag12thman said:

Where can I try one of the Moto phones? I went to AT&T and didn't see any there. I have literally not ever seen one or held one as my family and friends are opposite of me and think they must always go with iPhone. I love Android a lot, so still looking at all the Android phone options out there. The Moto phones I am pretty dumb about and trying to see if one of those might be a better choice than going back with Samsung (most likely not going to do based on earlier comments in this thread) or spending $1,000 on a Google Pixel 3XL.
I went to Best Buy and they had them where you could see and play with them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Moses25
AG
For a sub $500 phone, Moto or one of the Huawei phones? Current phone is a Galaxy S6.
KidDoc
AG
I recommend the Moto Z3 play. Just for a reference point I was out at the Aggie game last weekend with the battery mod on it from Noon until 12:30 or 1 or whenever that thing ended. My battery indicator never got below 80% still with frequent use and a long time with no plug in. Insane battery life with the battery mod.

Ag12thman
AG
Wow. My Note 5 ran down from 100% to 0 before the end of the 4th quarter. (Yeah, I know it's very old.) I'm going to have to go by Best Buy soon. I'm assuming that Moto Play phone will work with AT&T?
KidDoc
AG
Ag12thman said:

Wow. My Note 5 ran down from 100% to 0 before the end of the 4th quarter. (Yeah, I know it's very old.) I'm going to have to go by Best Buy soon. I'm assuming that Moto Play phone will work with AT&T?
Yes I am on AT&T as well and it works fine. It is unlocked from Best Buy so it works on every carrier I believe.
IslandAg76
AG
Just for info
Had a Note 4 and changed to Google Pixel 2..I like it-no problems for about a year.
Ag12thman
AG
I'm looking closely at the Pixel 3XL along with the OnePlus and Moto phones and will be switching over from a Note 5, so yours was a very similar situation. Can you comment on the function of the Pixel 2 in comparison to your old Note? I'm assuming it's a lot better based on comments regarding the Samsung Android overlay I've seen in this forum and on other sites.
IslandAg76
AG
I got the Pixel XL2 and the only glitch I recall has been a glitch in all new phones for me- the transfer of data, contacts, etc was not seamless but wasn't terrible either.

I'm not a power user but I like the power to be there. Battery life good except when running Waze, have to keep it plugged in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.