Black Ops 4 Blackout Trailer

7,173 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HossAg
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The beta for Blackout begins Monday for PS4, and next Friday for other platforms. The beta trailer was just released, and...wow. Hope y'all are excited for this. This could be the best COD in years.

saltydog13
WES2006AG
AG
I'm confused. Does COD have playable vehicles in the multiplayer now?
boy09
AG
It appears that way for this game mode. This game mode has not been in COD games before though.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
WES2006AG said:

I'm confused. Does COD have playable vehicles in the multiplayer now?
I think it's just for this battle royale mode.
HossAg
AG
This is battle Royale. Think PUBG for call of duty.
213 Grove
AG
IN
HossAg
AG
I think this will be the end of PUBG on Xbox.
JobSecurity
AG
I literally can't ****ing wait to play this. Beta starts Monday!

COD needs this to be successful. The whole franchise is stale
Tom Cardy
AG
Early reviews from GameInformer say it's already more polished than PUBG. Could very well be the BR winner for the foreseeable future with Fortnite starting to lose a little market share
TexAgBolter
AG
As a pubg fan that doesn't enjoy fortnite, this looked a little too "fortnitey" to me.
HossAg
AG
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. It's an action trailer. It's obviously over the top. It'll be similar to pubg...except it won't run like **** on Xbox.
saltydog13
AG
Bumping this to see if anyone's playing the beta release today
HossAg
AG
I'm on Xbox but I'd love to hear opinions from PS4 players.
WES2006AG
AG
saltydog13 said:

Bumping this to see if anyone's playing the beta release today
Preoder only or open to everyone?
saltydog13
AG
preorder only I think
saltydog13
AG
Same here. Watched a little bit of game play from the big streamers and it looks pretty good.
HossAg
AG
Yeah it looks amazing so far. Hoping the base consoles can run it decently. I have an X, but all my friends are on the Xbox one S.
WES2006AG
AG
HossAg said:

Yeah it looks amazing so far. Hoping the base consoles can run it decently. I have an X, but all my friends are on the Xbox one S.

Is this a concern? I'm still on a Day One Xbox One.
HossAg
AG
Base multiplayer should be fine, but OG Xbox One probably won't run blackout at steady 60 fps at launch. I imagine they'll have it there within a few months like fortnite did.
HossAg
AG
Regardless, this is a sure alternative to PUBG as fare as smoothness on the OG consoles. It's still very playable.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
So you have to buy the game to play the beta? No thanks. Cod has been too disappointing recently.
HossAg
AG
This game is the best COD since BO2. It might be better than BO2. I haven't enjoyed the recent titles either, but trust me, this is a good one.

Also, just FYI, on Xbox store and Amazon, you can pre order and won't be charged until close to launch. Cancel if you don't like the beta. It's pretty easy.
aggie_fan13
AG
Black ops 1 was the last good cod
HossAg
AG
Black ops 2 was the best cod ever made. The others are just nostalgic.
HossAg
AG
Good, but nostalgic. None had the balance and map design that black ops 2 had.
aggie_fan13
AG
I think that's a stretch, I'll give you balance in terms of multiplayer but cod 4 still reigns supreme imo. That changed everything
HossAg
AG
I agree cod 4 was great and changed everything, but black ops 2 was still a better game overall. I love playing the old games, but at the same time, playing them makes you realize everything that a game like black ops 2 improved upon. The lack of good perks in cod 4 made the game a little too slow and didn't provide counters to any of the "OP" items. Kind of the same story with mw2 as far as the not enough counters.

Black ops 2 had great map design and gun balancing, and there was a counter for absolutely everything if you wanted to play a specific way or prep for a specific type of attack that the enemy kept using.

Ever since then, COD went to the jump packing which just wasn't what the game needed, and the only boots on the ground game we had in recent years was WWII which was an awful game. Treyarch always makes great games, and the lack of jetpacks brings back that BO2 feel. Blackout also brings in maps and guns from black ops 1. It's just a big nostalgia-fest and it's amazing.
Vade281
AG
Played a bunch tonight...got one win. Solid game!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Hagen95
AG
Watched some game play. Looks good. Would be nice if it ports over to PC in a playable manner.
aggie_fan13
AG
I truly hope this kills fortnite, sick of that fan base
boy09
AG
You realize if it kills fortnite (which it won't) that they'll just all migrate over and start playing this...
saltydog13
AG
Why's that?
aggie_fan13
AG
I honestly don't play video games anymore. I try to keep up with what's coming out. I still have a ps3 and haven't upgraded. I'm thinking about it cause red dead 2 is coming out but I generally don't have much time. Just tired of hearing about that game
HossAg
AG
You'll be hearing about this one just as much soon.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.