Knock off airpods

1,445 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Philo B 93
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was researching Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon and came across about ten different Chinese knockoffs of the Apple AirPods. Reviews are largely complimentary but some are critical of the sound quality on the mic. Has anyone purchased these as a cheap alternative to Apple's minimalist design? I can't justify spending $150 on earbuds.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
OldArmyBrent
AG
I have a pair of Senso bluetooth headphones that work great and were well reviewed. They have the cable between the ears, though, so probably not what you're looking for.

I've heard good things about reviewmeta.com to determine whether the reviews are fake on Amazon. May try that to see if the well reviewed ones you're looking at are just well reviewed by fake reviewers.
Caesar4
AG
I have no experience with them, but thought you might get some insight into the reviews (how legitimate they are) by using one or both of these:

Some more info: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/spot-fake-amazon-reviews-with-fakespot/
3rdGen2015
AG
If you're actually looking for Airpods and can wait a month or so before buying them, I would. It is likely that Apple is going to release (or at least announce) the second generation Airpods in about a month, when their yearly product launch presentation should be.
BBQ4Me
AG
Speaking of knockoffs...

Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45208546
ABATTBQ11
AG
Those are minor design features. It's like saying it's a knockoff because it's a rectangle. What does the interface at the bottom of the front look like?
BBQ4Me
AG
Surely you jest..
The Dog Lord
AG
UMichAg said:

Speaking of knockoffs...

Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45208546

Why would you copy the notch?!
Pman17
AG
I got my Airpods for $85. I did the Apple recycling program with an iPad 2 and got an $85 gift card.
agracer
AG
UMichAg said:

Speaking of knockoffs...

Quote:

Apple Many phone-makers have has copied the look of the Many phone makers iPhone X, which has a smaller bezel around the screen and a "notch" at the tiny bezel at top that houses a camera.
Fixed....
easttexasaggie04
AG
I have some Apple Air Pods and love them. Sorry I can't be more helpful but just thought I'd chime in.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Just took the plunge and bought a pair. $13, I can always return them to Amazon if I don't like the purchase.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
ExPLK
AG
Can you post your findings on the knockoff pair you purchased? I'm in the same boat. $150 for earbuds seems a little extravangant.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My wife got a pair from amazon. They got sent back. The ear buds were significantly larger to the point of almost not fitting. The kicker was that only one would work at a time. That wasn't a defect. Did some research and that's just how they're made.
Sooner Born
I bought some of the $13 knock offs and they didn't work. Got returned to Amazon.
Philo B 93
Spoiler about AirPods: The genuine AirPods work almost exactly like the wired white earbuds, but with no wires. They don't sound better or worse, and they dont do much more or less. That's what is so great about them. Apparently most other wireless earbuds can't quite get that done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.