*****Steam Sale Summer 2018*****

2,452 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WGann3
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Predicted to kickoff today, who's ready to load up with games you'll never play.

sdc177
AG
I'm ignorant. Who is that guy? I've seen that face several times or maybe every time there is a sale...
hunter2012
AG
Gabe Newell, Co-Founder and current President of Valve. He's largely been credited for steam in it's current form today. Hence the running joke that he's personally responsible for robbing PC gamers blind during the Steam Sales.
NewOldAg
AG
Yup. I'm ready. I still don't regret buying the entire Star Wars game anthology for $50. Only game I still play is old Battlefront II.
txag2k
AG
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........ must.....resist..... all...purchases...
Fenrir
Welp, guess my phone will be blowing up later today, my wish list is huge so this is going to be rough.
flakrat
AG
I almost bought Deus Ex Human Revolution for $20 last week, it's $2.99 under the Steam Sale!

Purchased!
dc509
AG
Question. I have a long flight coming up and I was considering downloading Civ 6 from Steam. Would I be able to play it offline?
Pman17
AG
Sweet, time to hoard a bunch of games and not play them!
AggieChemE09
AG

boy09
AG
Celeste is the only game i'm half interested in that i don't already own. And i'd rather just pay the extra $4 to buy it for Switch.
Pman17
AG
Steam link is $2.50 Btw
flakrat
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

boy09
AG
Pman17 said:

Steam link is $2.50 Btw
Ok, i guess i got got by the Summer Sale. I bought one...
tamusc
AG
Pman17 said:

Steam link is $2.50 Btw
And $7.99 for shipping, lol
tamusc
AG
dc509 said:

Question. I have a long flight coming up and I was considering downloading Civ 6 from Steam. Would I be able to play it offline?
You probably want to put Steam into Offline mode before you're flight to make sure it works, but yes, you should be able to play Civ 6 offline.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555

There might be issues if you want to continue a game from a cloud save though.
boy09
AG
tamusc said:

Pman17 said:

Steam link is $2.50 Btw

It costs money to ship things. Especially things that they are giving away almost for free...
sdc177
AG
All I have purchased so far is the PUBG Sanhok Event Pass (just released/not on sale @ $9.99) and the Insurgency/Day of Infamy bundle for $6.28.
SeattleAgJr
tamusc said:

Pman17 said:

Steam link is $2.50 Btw
and does not do 4K (obviously) but also has lots of connection and compatibility issues.

I would suggest staying away, but it is your $10.
SeattleAgJr
flakrat said:

I almost bought Deus Ex Human Revolution for $20 last week, it's $2.99 under the Steam Sale!

Purchased!
I love that game, and the soundtrack.
played through it at least 4 times.
tamusc
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

tamusc said:

Pman17 said:

Steam link is $2.50 Btw
and does not do 4K (obviously) but also has lots of connection and compatibility issues.

I would suggest staying away, but it is your $10.

Yep, mine has been sitting in a drawer for the last year.
www.com
I am broke so I am safe!
dc509
AG
Graphics card issue ended up putting the kabosh on that idea. Which is interesting because my graphics card exceeds the minimum requirements. Oh well.
tamusc
AG
dc509 said:

Graphics card issue ended up putting the kabosh on that idea. Which is interesting because my graphics card exceeds the minimum requirements. Oh well.

If you're using a laptop, which I'm assuming you are since you're talking about playing on the flight, make sure your system is actually using the discrete GPU rather than the integrated GPU. Usually that involves going into the NVIDIA control panel and changing it from auto-detect.

These instructions walk you through how to do it for NVIDIA. Just make sure to select the correct game from the drop down list instead of the Autodesk software used in this example.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-force-your-laptop-to-Run-with-Graphics-Processor-vs-the-default-Integrated-Graphics-for-InfraWorks.html
texasaggie04
AG
Any recommendations for a good co-op game to play? Already been through all the borderlands, portal, and castle crashers. Prefer something where I'm not battling against angsty teenagers who are going to bump my corpse.
KidDoc
AG
dc509 said:

Civ 6 with the expansion (Rise & Fall I think?) is pretty amazing. I have played through too many games to mention. It is my favorite of the franchise and I started with Civ 1 on floppy!

Now if I could just get a civ past the beginning stages in Immortal difficulty, you just start of so far behind.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Any recommendations for a good co-op game to play? Already been through all the borderlands, portal, and castle crashers. Prefer something where I'm not battling against angsty teenagers who are going to bump my corpse.
Killing Floor 2.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marsh
AG

WGann3
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I haven't played it yet myself, but I've read good things about Shadow Warrior 2 which is discounted pretty heavily for the summer sale. Supposed to be a pretty awesome shoot and loot co-op experience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.