Assassin's Creed Odyssey

9,446 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tom Cardy
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back to normal now, which is awesome since I just need to kill 3 more cultists and finish the ISU storyline
bbattbq01
AG
medusa just told me to go to bed.
Vade281
AG
Finally got my free copy from the Project Stream deal. Just showed up in my uPlay account
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
YouBet
AG
So, I finished the quest last night that gave me the restored epic level myacene(so?) armor and my guy actually moves and fights differently unless I'm losing my damn mind. I seem to be more effective than with the full Snake legendary armor I was sporting.

It does have a higher armor class than the snake.
bbattbq01
AG
I've kind of had myself stuck using 2 daggers for my weapons for the last 30 levels or so because I found a helmet that had +dagger dmg and +sword/dagger damage and then have +dagger dmg on both my daggers. I upgrade them every 5-10 levels. Nothing I find at level can get close to the damage. I think I have 150% dagger dmg. Light stuff on fire so fast.

13 yo inside me was giddy on the quest line I got to kill a Minotaur, Medusa and cyclops.

Next up... finally going to Sparta!
wangus12
AG
I used Nikolaos sword for the entirety of the game I think.
jeffk
AG
$20 on Amazon right now.
YouBet
AG
wangus12 said:

I've used this about 75% of the time and a legendary spear about 25% of the time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
YouBet said:

wangus12 said:

I've used this about 75% of the time and a legendary spear about 25% of the time.

I stuck with an axe or mace and then a sword for close battle. The axe is incredible for boat battles, as you are just constantly knocking people off with one hit. Between that, leveling up the overpower attack and ring of chaos all the way, and then putting a flame rune on the ax, you can mow through most battles no problem. Even the beasts, although I think the Sparta kick is better to have in that instance.
The Dog Lord
AG
bbattbq01 said:

I've kind of had myself stuck using 2 daggers for my weapons for the last 30 levels or so because I found a helmet that had +dagger dmg and +sword/dagger damage and then have +dagger dmg on both my daggers. I upgrade them every 5-10 levels. Nothing I find at level can get close to the damage. I think I have 150% dagger dmg. Light stuff on fire so fast.

13 yo inside me was giddy on the quest line I got to kill a Minotaur, Medusa and cyclops.

Next up... finally going to Sparta!

Pretty much all of this. I used sword and spear combo for awhile since I used them in Origins too. Once I got some nice daggers though I haven't used anything since.
YouBet
AG
So, how do I get my ship out of the western ocean and into the larger, eastern ocean? I was over there at some point after triggering some mission early on in the game but then ended back up in the western ocean. I'm wondering if I've triggered a bug.

I still have that Kleio chick on my ship to deliver somewhere far in the east and even triggered some dialogue with some random lesbian lover of hers in the woods which suggested I had already delivered Kleio when I really haven't.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
YouBet said:

So, how do I get my ship out of the western ocean and into the larger, eastern ocean? I was over there at some point after triggering some mission early on in the game but then ended back up in the western ocean. I'm wondering if I've triggered a bug.

I still have that Kleio chick on my ship to deliver somewhere far in the east and even triggered some dialogue with some random lesbian lover of hers in the woods which suggested I had already delivered Kleio when I really haven't.

If you keep going south, you can go around Greece. You can also just fast travel somewhere, and then call your boat at a port on the other side. Probably quicker.
YouBet
AG
Champ Bailey said:

YouBet said:

If you keep going south, you can go around Greece. You can also just fast travel somewhere, and then call your boat at a port on the other side. Probably quicker.

Ah. Thanks.
YouBet
AG
Finally killed that boar only to learn there are 8 other legendary creature contracts right behind it! Dammit! Went after him at level 53 with a bear companion and a legendary dagger. Good thing about the dagger is that it is so quick you can eat his ass up before he can react.

Also, I discovered the Overpower ability which I had neglected up until level 52. I whipped his ass quickly with all of this put together.
powerbelly
AG
The hammer of jason + overpower is a great combo.
bbattbq01
AG
Daggers, fire, hero strike, overpower, rinse and repeat
The Dog Lord
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Daggers, fire, hero strike, overpower, rinse and repeat

And throw in some hits with death arrows to safely deal damage and build up adrenaline.
The Dog Lord
AG
Spent some serious time on it this weekend.
-finished the main storyline
-finished the cultist storyline
-upgraded the spear fully (goes along with the 2nd point really)

I had already completed the first civilization storyline. I guess now I'll be completing the dlc, various side quests, etc.

I may look into creating specialty gear sets too. I tend to go for stealth first (assassinations, predator shot, etc.), but I tried to build a fairly balanced set so that I could handle the moments when the shtf. Even though that was my favored style, I actually prioritized warrior stats more than the others to make sure that I'd be alright in right spots and so that I could handle 1-on-1 fights.
bbattbq01
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Spent some serious time on it this weekend.
-finished the main storyline
-finished the cultist storyline
-upgraded the spear fully (goes along with the 2nd point really)

I had already completed the first civilization storyline. I guess now I'll be completing the dlc, various side quests, etc.

I may look into creating specialty gear sets too. I tend to go for stealth first (assassinations, predator shot, etc.), but I tried to build a fairly balanced set so that I could handle the moments when the shtf. Even though that was my favored style, I actually prioritized warrior stats more than the others to make sure that I'd be alright in right spots and so that I could handle 1-on-1 fights.

Same this weekend for me.

Also finished the Artemis hunt quest line so fought the other boar they were talking about earlier in the thread. That guy went full pumba on me but managed to kill him first try.

I play stealth first until I get spotted and then full fire daggers blazing. I hardly ever break out my bow.
The Dog Lord
AG
I need to finish off the last 2 animals for the hunt, including the 2nd boar. I'll probably knock those out next then.
Thunder18
AG
I'm just achievement hunting at this point, think I just need to finish 5-6 more underwater locations to knock out the base game and first 2 DLC achievements
wangus12
AG
Fired it back up last night to start playing through the Legacy of the First Blade since they're all out now. Played the 1st episode last night and it was pretty decent.

I've been very impressed with the post-launch attention that AC: Od has gotten. They do monthly updates and they've systematically released new missions.
Thunder18
AG
They released part 3? I was playing last night and didnt have any new quests for the dlc/stories of Greece
wangus12
AG
Went live at midnight last night
Thunder18
AG
Yep, completed it tonight
wangus12
AG
There has been a rumored leak that the next game will be based on the Vikings. Take it for a grain of salt, but the leaker has been right before
jeffk
AG
Intriguing. I was hoping for a Mongol setting, but that's interesting too.
YouBet
AG
So, I finished the Atlantis story line with the present day Shayla(?) chick. I go to put three codes in that door and the game just ends and says it will be continued with a different story line?

Is there DLC for that?
bbattbq01
AG
YouBet said:

So, I finished the Atlantis story line with the present day Shayla(?) chick. I go to put three codes in that door and the game just ends and says it will be continued with a different story line?

Is there DLC for that?

I think the next dlc arc is supposed to have something to do with Atlantis story.
powerbelly
AG
YouBet said:

Is there DLC for that?

It hasnt been released yet
The Dog Lord
AG

Got through the main story and a lot of the rest, but I haven't even played episode 2 of this storyline yet. Been on a multi-month break because of work and other things, but I'm itching to get back into this. I'll probably be back to noob-level skill though after this long.
Thunder18
AG
I just need to finish this last DLC and get all the achievements and I'll finally have my first platinum trophy for unlocking 100% of achievements. I got close on AC2, but will finally break through this time
The Dog Lord
AG
Started playing again today. Surprisingly picked most things up again pretty quickly. Also unveiled the last few pieces of the map (a few spots in the sea) to unlock that achievement.
Tom Cardy
AG
Finished the whole game earlier this week when that last dlc dropped. Excellent game, dlc was ok. Many of the dlc quests just feel like errand running, and the enemies take far too long to defeat for being non-boss level

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.