Battlefield V

56,909 Views | 680 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pman17
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pacific War update out
Aggie_Journalist
AG
How accessible is this game for someone who isn't a big FPS player?

I loved Battlefield 1942 back in the day, but haven't played a game in the series since then (aside from the demo for BF 1). But nostalgia for a good ww2 shooter has been calling lately...
Thanks and gig'em
Pman17
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

How accessible is this game for someone who isn't a big FPS player?

I loved Battlefield 1942 back in the day, but haven't played a game in the series since then (aside from the demo for BF 1). But nostalgia for a good ww2 shooter has been calling lately...

Start downloading, it's free to play this weekend!

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/free-trials

The great thing about Battlefield games is you don't necessarily have to be skilled at FPS games. You can earn points and still be ranked as the top in your team just by healing people.
MaroonStain
AG
Iwon Jima and fake Wake Island maps and gameplay are legit. I've been playing Breakthrough all day and this is how this should be.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Thanks for the tip! I'm terribly bad at this now, but having a blast! It's amazing how far these games have come from when I played them.
Thanks and gig'em
degreedy
AG
Just bought it on Xbox One as I had $20 burning a hole in my pocket.

Played BF1 on PC, so obviously the graphics are a bit of a stepdown, but overall I played a couple matches last night and enjoyed it.

I played the everloving **** out of BF4 back a few years ago, so this is fun to pick up once again.

Xbox Gamertag: Kontiko
Aggietaco
AG
I'll add you, I still get some play time early weekend mornings before the rest of the house is up and a few random evenings. I see one or two others on every now and then, but the TexAgs BF community has dispersed for the most part.

AguasAg
Pman17
AG
Wake Island comes out tomorrow
black_hat_ag
Dice has totally screwed up bf V. They patched recently and the ttk (time to kill) is horrendous. Feels like the guns are shooting sponge darts. The pistols are more powerful than the regular guns.
Pman17
AG
Aggietaco
AG
Map looks fun. I really like the new Pacific theater maps.
MaroonStain
AG
I hope the game picks up but after one year, this is no BF1 or other Battlefields. I am mainly disappointed that I can't get my gold Gewehr 43. 10 headshot kills in an objective in one life or 20 in one round (I play Conquest) is T O U G H.

I've got a gold Trombo, gold Ribeyrolles and gold MG42.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Aggietaco
AG
A lot of those final golds are tough. I'm not real good about sticking to the plan to complete them and usually end up running off to PTFO.

And I still hate hate hate that you have to select assignments and cant work on all of them simultaneously.
MaroonStain
AG
Aggietaco said:

A lot of those final golds are tough. I'm not real good about sticking to the plan to complete them and usually end up running off to PTFO.

And I still hate hate hate that you have to select assignments and cant work on all of them simultaneously.

I agree.

My priorities for each game is as follows:
1. Win
2. Win
3. Blow up vehicles
4. PTFO
5. Kill snipers

To get final gold pieces, I have to abandon above list and play 'hide and seek' which is not my preference nor my strong suit.
archangelus2
AG
Anybody still playing this that I can add on XBOX? I'm tired of Squads that don't play as a teams.

My gamertag: Archangelus2
Aggietaco
AG
I might swap back into BF soon.

AguasAg
Pman17
AG
archangelus2 said:

Anybody still playing this that I can add on XBOX? I'm tired of Squads that don't play as a teams.

My gamertag: Archangelus2

Added you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.