Tech Help for Uncle with ALS

375 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FatZilla
Steeltoe05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My uncle has ALS and I am trying to figure out what technology he needs to give him some entertainment and use more features on his phone. He can still talk and move his head, but that is it. I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm looking for the wisdom of TexAgs to help me out.

My goal is to figure out how to allow him to use Alexa to work Netflix, audio books, facebook and his phone (including text messages). Right now he has Alexa working with his phone. All he can do is call, not text or even hang up the call.

He currently has an Echo , Android ATC cell phone , and Acer laptop (I think). He has wifi where he is and a flat screen TV that is not a smart TV.

We are willing to buy whatever is necessary to make this happen. As I said, I am not very tech savvy, so please be as specific as possible.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You might look into something like this. Use VOIP for calls and most other softwares or websites will work with it since its essentially a mouse he controls.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2017/08/02/windows_new_eye_tracking_may_help_thousands_with_als.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.