Data caps

1,036 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GT_Aggie2015
aggiesed8r
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New to roku/streaming tv. Anyone have problems with Suddenlink data caps?
Azariah
AG
You will. Upgrade to their 400M tier and you will lose the caps.
getme
They'll try to sell you on needing a new modem for the 400 and up tier, if all you care about is the data cap tell them to upgrade your plan and keep your current modem. Unless you actually need the extra speed there's no reason to spring for a new modem right away, unless you rent the modem from them in that case upgrade the modem because your monthly cost is the same (I think).

I own my modem and didn't want to pay $150 or more for a new one. For me speed wasn't as important as data caps.
aggiesed8r
AG
What can I expect to pay per month?
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Called SuddenLink. Transferred to "retention" department. They kept my data cap at 250G and doubled speed from 50Mbps to 100Mbps while reducing my bill by $19 per month. With tax my base is $56.62.
It pays to ask. This was the least expensive plan SuddenLink offered in my location.
GigEm03
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

Called SuddenLink. Transferred to "retention" department. They kept my data cap at 250G and doubled speed from 50Mbps to 100Mbps while reducing my bill by $19 per month. With tax my base is $56.62.
It pays to ask. This was the least expensive plan SuddenLink offered in my location.

250G is nothing. I have AT&T Fiber 1000 no data cap for $80/Month. The lower tier 100 plan has a cap of 1 TB for $60/Month. I went with the no data cap plan. They are going to figure that out and start caping, but AT&T is good and grandfathering you in so I should be good.
AggieBarstool
getme said:

They'll try to sell you on needing a new modem for the 400 and up tier, if all you care about is the data cap tell them to upgrade your plan and keep your current modem. Unless you actually need the extra speed there's no reason to spring for a new modem right away, unless you rent the modem from them in that case upgrade the modem because your monthly cost is the same (I think).

I own my modem and didn't want to pay $150 or more for a new one. For me speed wasn't as important as data caps.
This all the way.

Like another poster said -- spring for the 400down/40up with unlimited data cap. You'll pay ~$76/mo. w/ tax & fees.

I did this in February and couldn't be happier.
crowman2010
AG
Anyone having any issues with data caps with Xfinity? 1TB seems like a lot, but when you stream all the time and have multiple xboxes going in the house, it eats it up pretty fast.

Not quite sure how this is legal though...

edit to add this link...looks like a class action may be in the works: FCC Comcast Complaints
getme
I'm on the 400mb tier, no data cap and basic cable (I stream everything anyway) for $101 a month.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
GigEm03 said:

DrHeadShrink said:

250G is nothing. I have AT&T Fiber 1000 no data cap for $80/Month. The lower tier 100 plan has a cap of 1 TB for $60/Month. I went with the no data cap plan. They are going to figure that out and start caping, but AT&T is good and grandfathering you in so I should be good.
this
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Forgot to add we actually pay $70 per month because we bundled with our cell bill and DTVN
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.