pixel vs pixel 2

1,324 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DeBoss
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i currently have a pixel and really like the phone (using project fi service).

i'm considering upgrading to the pixel 2. anyone gone from the original to the 2 that could compare between the two?
Bobcat-Ag
I can't answer your question, however I would like to know what you thought of the camera on the Pixel. Did you like it? Did it take good photos?
The Fife
I'd much rather have a Pixel 1, missing the headphone jack is a dealbreaker for me.
sts7049
AG
yeah, i don't like that the headphone jack is gone either. but right now i'm only using bluetooth headphones anyway so i don't think it really matters too much.
sts7049
AG
i think the camera is great. it takes excellent photos.
Dawnguard
AG
The only really noticeable difference is the squeeze function. Outside of that, just save your cash and wait for the 3. It's not enough of a change to drop that kind of money. If you were coming from a 5 or a 5x, I'd say otherwise.

The other think to keep in mind is that the Pixel line gets 2 years (from the date of launch) of updates, with 1 additional year of security upgrades. This is just another reason you should wait for the next one.
Guitarsoup
AG
Love my Pixel XL 1. See no reason to upgrade any time soon.
AggieT
AG
silverleaf said:

The only really noticeable difference is the squeeze function. Outside of that, just save your cash and wait for the 3. It's not enough of a change to drop that kind of money. If you were coming from a 5 or a 5x, I'd say otherwise.

The other think to keep in mind is that the Pixel line gets 2 years (from the date of launch) of updates, with 1 additional year of security upgrades. This is just another reason you should wait for the next one.
This. I went from the Pixel XL to the XL 2. The 2 has a marginally better camera, better speakers, and squeeze function (which I actually use all the time).

I'd wait on the 3.
ABKitch
AG
Per my other thread, I will have a Pixel 2 XL in excellent condition for sale in a week or so. Aggie discount for someone from TexAgs (current high bid is $400).

Let me know if anyone's interested.
agproducer
AG
Speaking of the Pixel -- has anyone experienced the boot loop issue? I've had mine for about a month, and now it randomly restarts then boot loops over and over and over. Eventually, it does boot up, but it will restart at anytime.

It seems to go into the boot loop when I just keep it in my pocket for awhile.

I bought from a third-party vendor off Amazon who plans on replacing it. I love the phone, but I'm wary of having the same issue again.
sts7049
AG
nope, haven't had that issue here.
Art96
AG
Pixel 2 comes with an adapter which you can connect headphones. I never had the original pixel, but the camera is tip-top and finger scanner incredibly convenient for me as work would otherwise force a 6 digit unlock on it.
The Fife
I haven't even heard about that on Reddit, and people complain about every little thing there.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I went from an HTC 10 to a Pixel 2, and love it. It takes great photos. The root process is pretty easy as well, if you buy the carrier unlocked version from Google.
DeBoss
AG
At this point, what's the vote on going with a discounted Pixel 2 or waiting for a Pixel 3 when it comes out in November. My phone is dying so I'm struggling with the urge to upgrade to Pixel now.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.