Marvel's Spider Man

6,490 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Juan Solo
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone else excited for this game? Insomniac just announced it will be released September 7th. Of note, it is a ps4 exclusive
FTACO97
AG
This game alone could possibly get me to buy a PS4.
Murder Hornet
AG
Everything I have heard/read about this game is that it is very similar to the Arkham series for Batman. Those games were great and really fun to play. Excited for this to come out.
MaroonStain
AG
bthomas98 said:

Everything I have heard/read about this game is that it is very similar to the Arkham series for Batman. Those games were great and really fun to play. Excited for this to come out.
I "completed" Arkham Knight but I am NOT going to mess with 279 Riddler challenges.
Forum Troll
AG
Ps4 exclusive. Will wait for the eventual pc port.
Murder Hornet
AG
Haha. I'm in the middle of a replay and I am purposely avoiding his challenges and any glowing Check marks
fig96
AG
Forum Troll said:

Ps4 exclusive. Will wait for the eventual pc port.
Wouldnt count on it, Insomniac's games are historically single platform.

And yes, super excited for this one, gameplay looks incedible.
AliasMan02
AG
MaroonStain said:

bthomas98 said:

I "completed" Arkham Knight but I am NOT going to mess with 279 Riddler challenges.

Game was a lot of fun but I do think they sometimes forget what is fun about the game.

I'm about to grab my Xbox One X but have considered saying f it and getting a PS4 as well so I can play this and Last of Us and maybe Uncharted. But I don't have to play the games I already own, so... probably not.
AgsWin2011
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MaroonStain said:

bthomas98 said:

Game was a lot of fun but I do think they sometimes forget what is fun about the game.

I'm about to grab my Xbox One X but have considered saying f it and getting a PS4 as well so I can play this and Last of Us and maybe Uncharted. But I don't have to play the games I already own, so... probably not.

This is why I'm glad I have both a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I like the X better overall without question, but I'm glad I can get the PS exclusives like this and Uncharted (my favorite all time series).
Propane & Accessories
AG
This needs either William DaFoe as Green Goblin or Dunkey imitating him "WE CAN RULE THIS CITY SPIDA MAN!!!!"
Geralt of Rivia
S
This game comes out on Friday. Has anybody else pre-ordered it?

I couldn't find any other threads on here for the game. Maybe I overlooked one
SeattleAgJr
Saving it for year-end; looking forward to it.

But god, I do not like many of the in game models for this.
Bones08
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I have it pre-ordered. Very excited for it. Not sure I will get a chance to play it this weekend, but I fully expect to complete the game this month.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm really excited for it, also, but I think Friday will be the only day I'll get to play much until Tuesday.
MW03
AG
Señor Chang
AG
I very rarely buy games on the release date, but I will be picking this up on Friday.
REMtx
The game looks good and I love the Arkham games, but I'll wait until 6 months out or so when it is cheaper or there is an "Ultimate"/"Complete" edition out. Game hasn't been out and they are already advertising the first DLC chapter. I know DLCs are a thing now to developers where every major game needs a DLC to sell. Just wish they would release the game, wait a few months, then release DLCs.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I pre-ordered it from Best Buy.

As one of the perks for pre-ordering, I get a free copy of Destiny 2. Oh well.
SeattleAgJr
GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

I'm sorry.
AgsWin2011
AG
Had this game come out during the summer time I would have been all for getting it on release day. However now that football is back in full swing I don't think I will be dedicating much time to video games.

I usually stock up on games during Black Friday when they're half off and football is nearly over or I've already given up on my teams. I'm planning on getting this and Red Dead 2 so far.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Amazon sent me an email tonight that my pre-order wouldn't be in until Tuesday. Had to cancel that and switch to Best Buy in store pickup on Friday
StrykerAg
AG
Got to play a little bit Monday night. 1st boss whooped my ass the first time. Definitely avoid getting hit!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Quote:

I'm sorry.
I'd rather get a couple of extra costumes or maybe one of the upcoming DLC's over a game I don't want.

If it's a copy that came right off their shelves, I'll be selling it back for store credit.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Amazon sent me an email tonight that my pre-order wouldn't be in until Tuesday. Had to cancel that and switch to Best Buy in store pickup on Friday
I had Monster Hunter world pre-ordered for a good month or so and my friend pre-ordered it two days before hand, he got it day of release I got mine two weeks later... Amazon is kind of trending downwards for pre-ordering, they got rid of the discount (lowered it from 59.99 to 47.99) and replaced it with a 10 dollar store credit on certain games which can take up to 60 days to be usable and once activated will need to be sent in 30 days.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
fig96
AG
This is the first game in a while I've actually been wanting on release day, will be downloading tonight.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've noticed Amazon going downhill with pre-orders also. They are still better than the time that I pre-ordered a game from Target for some reason. They didn't mail it until release day, and took over a week to actually arrive. I was sooooooooooo pissed off
Not a Bot
AG
Anyone played this yet?
hph6203
AG
Comes out tomorrow. Yes people have played it, just no one that posts here.
3rdGen2015
AG
timc08 said:

Anyone played this yet?
There's people on Twitch playing it. Seems like if you liked the Batman Arkham games, you'll like this. I'll probably pick it up next week. Would probably pick it up tomorrow if I wasn't going to be in College Station all weekend.
RadAg14
AG
The game played really well at pax this past weekend. Arkham comparison is very accurate
Scotty Flamingo
Finally had a chance to play tonight. Awesome game so far
Bones08
AG
I may or may not have spent around 8 hours with this game yesterday. I liked the first few hours and that progressed to loving it as I continued to play it. Swinging around the city is amazing. The combat is overwhelming and takes some getting used to (especially for those who are used to Batman combat) but once I adjusted I've had some really great combat encounters.

And I'm definitely a comic book/superhero guy but the story and production value of the story are fantastic.

Can't wait to finish the game up sometime this week.
3rdGen2015
AG
Bones08 said:

I may or may not have spent around 8 hours with this game yesterday. I liked the first few hours and that progressed to loving it as I continued to play it. Swinging around the city is amazing. The combat is overwhelming and takes some getting used to (especially for those who are used to Batman combat) but once I adjusted I've had some really great combat encounters.

And I'm definitely a comic book/superhero guy but the story and production value of the story are fantastic.

Can't wait to finish the game up sometime this week.
I played it for ~6 hours or so last night. Great game so far. I'm working my way slowly through it, not rushing the main story line. They really nailed the swinging and combat, it feels very smooth once you get used to the controls. The only time I've felt any jank is when I'm crawling upside down to grab a collectible on a ceiling and the direction my joystick needs to be in flips out of seemingly nowhere.
Tomdoss92
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

The only time I've felt any jank is when I'm crawling upside down to grab a collectible on a ceiling and the direction my joystick needs to be in flips out of seemingly nowhere.

jk
Geralt of Rivia
S
One of my favorite things in this game was also one of my favorite things to do on Spider-Man 2 for PS2: climb to the top of the Empire State Building and just jump off
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.