Far Cry 5

4,261 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wangus12
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else stoked about this?

I have been watching some of the Let's Plays and it looks like it will be a blast.
nomad2007
AG
Already pre-loaded and ready to rock. I think the fact that you can trout fish pushed me over the pre-order edge...
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've been on the edge of buying it. Might commit now.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bought the Gold Edition because it comes with the previously-unavailable for PS4 copy of Far Cry 3.

Loved that game.
chjoak
AG
Loved 4. Been looking forward to 5. I'll probably wait a bit to buy because I have 2 other (already purchased) games that i need to finish.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Story line looks great
FightinTexasAg15
AG
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/26/far-cry-5-review
Teacher_Ag
AG
Weirdly never tried out a FC game....sell me on it...
titanmaster_race
This will be the first far cry game I've played since the original. Can't wait.
titanmaster_race
Speaking of crazy and dangerous cults, I just started watching "Wild Wild Country" on Netflix. I had never heard of Rajneeshpuram or anything that happened in Oregon surrounding that. It's almost unbelievable that it actually happened.
SeattleAgJr
Another freaking hour until it unlocks on the West Coast.....
wangus12
AG
chjoak said:

Loved 4. Been looking forward to 5. I'll probably wait a bit to buy because I have 2 other (already purchased) games that i need to finish.
I was never able to get into Far Cry 4 and I don't know why. I loved 3 and I love the Himalayan part of the world. Not sure why it never clicked. Still looking forward to this one
Aggietaco
AG
I've played a few of these off and on, never got around to finishing FC4 because it got too repetitive. Honestly thought that FC5 had already been released months ago, but I guess I was just thinking about the preview footage. Not real excited by the franchise, but I'll be interested in picking it up when it's half price.
OCEN99
AG

Edited since reddit killed the old image.
BCSWguru
FC4 is one of my favorite games. Hope FC5 does not disappoint.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

chjoak said:

I was never able to get into Far Cry 4 and I don't know why. I loved 3 and I love the Himalayan part of the world. Not sure why it never clicked. Still looking forward to this one
The Shangrila stuff was a little trippy and weird. Honestly kind of wish they had spent that effort adding more to the main story line. Absolutely loved the rest though.
Punked Shank
AG
I'm still stuck in the last mission to cross the bridge in FC4.

I searched online for tips but utterly at a loss of what to do. Like completely unaware....frustrating so I quit playing
AliasMan02
AG
Is the combat ridiculously difficult or require twitchy skills? I've never played a FC game.
nomad2007
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Is the combat ridiculously difficult or require twitchy skills? I've never played a FC game.

On hard, the enemies hit like a truck. A few shots and you're dead. Aiming can be tough on console.
Jasomania
AG
This is my first Far Cry game and so far two hours in I've really liked it. The combat is pretty fun, you can either go in stealth and try to take everyone out without being detected or go in guns blazing. Sometimes they have hostages who if you save actually help you out by telling you were a stash of weapons are or will give a side quest.
Punked Shank
AG
Pretty similar to FC4.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
First outpost I came across, I didn't have my compound bow for stealth kills.

So, I used Boomer. He cleaned out the entire outpost, one at a time.

Good dog.
MaroonStain
AG
coastsrs said:

Pretty similar to FC4.

I have been watching streamers on YouTube and the gameplay is almost exact FC4. Saves me $60...
Vader 2020
I've read enough reviews to know I'll buy this used when it's $20. Be original and innovate, or you don't get my money these days.
TonsterPS
AG
Vader 2020 said:

I've read enough reviews to know I'll buy this used when it's $20. Be original and innovate, or you don't get my money these days.
Ditto.
SeattleAgJr
Vader 2020 said:

I am that way most of the time, but I am a completionist.

I will put in 80+ hours into the main game by the time I am done, so that even at $60, this is more value than 99% of the games out there.
nomad2007
AG
I would have paid $60 for a re-skinned Far Cry 3 or 4, so this game is well worth it to me
TexAgsAnon
I haven't played a Far Cry or Ass Creed game in years. You guys that are complaining about it being too similar to FC4...I assume that was a good game?

Given that I don't have Ubisoft fatigue, is this a recommendation?
SeattleAgJr
TexAgsAnon said:

I haven't played a Far Cry or Ass Creed game in years. You guys that are complaining about it being too similar to FC4...I assume that was a good game?

Given that I don't have Ubisoft fatigue, is this a recommendation?
It is a fun time waster that can go on for a long time.

It is a nice looking game, great music, and a lot of mindless things to do.

Also has a pretty damn good line -up of DLC coming down the pipe.

If you are looking for a DEEP game, this is not it. This is a wide game - lots of missions. LOTS of shooting.

As for AssCreed, the most recent game - Origins - is fantastic as well. Ubi made a really good game, gorgeous to look at, plays great, and lots to do.
MaroonStain
AG
I think I just got worn out on these type games because after getting my PS4, I played:

Arkham Knight
FC4
Dragon Age Inqu
Witcher 3 + dlc
And Uncharted through UC3
AgsWin2011
AG
A buddy talked me into buying this game last night. I've never played a Far Cry game begore so I can't compare it to previous games. But can say I had a blast playing last night.

Wish my buddy had an Xbox. Needless to say I got it on PS4 Pro. One of the things I like about the Xbox One X is how quiet it is. My PS4 sounds like a jet taking off on the runway.
Vortex
AG
Heismenberg said:

A buddy talked me into buying this game last night. I've never played a Far Cry game begore so I can't compare it to previous games. But can say I had a blast playing last night.

Wish my buddy had an Xbox. Needless to say I got it on PS4 Pro. One of the things I like about the Xbox One X is how quiet it is. My PS4 sounds like a jet taking off on the runway.
You might want to have it looked at. My ps4 pro is silent.
Humorous Username
AG
My PS3 is starting to act up after 10 years of faithful service.

I picked up a PS4 two weekends ago, along with FC5. I've never played a FC game before, and I'm having fun with how wide the game is.

Started in the southwest area. Just need to take out the ranch in the SW corner, and then John Seed and I are throwing hands.
titanmaster_race
Campaign is seriously cool. Tons of fun.

The build your own map arcade mode is really neat, but the actually PvP experience in arcade is legitimately the worst PvP of any game I have ever played: extreme lag, hit detection sucks, body shots do hardly any damage whereas a single headshot from any range and any weapon (even one pellet from 100yds with a shotgun) is an instant kill, etc. etc.

I don't think anyone has ever bought a far cry game for the multiplayer, myself included, but it is so bad that it's worth mentioning. Otherwise, this game is a ton of fun so far.
nomad2007
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Campaign is seriously cool. Tons of fun.

The build your own map arcade mode is really neat, but the actually PvP experience in arcade is legitimately the worst PvP of any game I have ever played: extreme lag, hit detection sucks, body shots do hardly any damage whereas a single headshot from any range and any weapon (even one pellet from 100yds with a shotgun) is an instant kill, etc. etc.

I don't think anyone has ever bought a far cry game for the multiplayer, myself included, but it is so bad that it's worth mentioning. Otherwise, this game is a ton of fun so far.
I haven't encountered the lag or hit detection issues, but the head shot crap is irritating. I've been one-shot a few times by a shotgun pellet to the head from across the map. Hope they patch it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.