Wifi Doorbells and wifi extender

511 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wildmen03
Bob09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a couple of questions.

I have a gate that is about 200' from the front door and my wife would like a video doorbell place at the gate to let people in(or keep them out). I was wondering if anyone has used one of the video doorbells like this? From research it looked like Ring may be one of the better products out there, but i'm a little worried about the weather resistance of these doorbells.. maybe a weatherproof box would need to be made?

Also, I need to bump up the wifi to better reach both the gate and possibly the playground on the backside of the house. Property is about 4 acres. Playground maybe 300' behind the house at lower elevation.

I have been looking at various TPLink extenders as well as Ubiquiti products.

Anyways, if anyone has any guidance or expertise I sure would appreciate it.
ORAggieFan
Highly recommend Google WiFi. It's made my internet so much better.
Enviroag02
AG
You will pay more for it but look at the DoorBird. They have two versions one of which is intended for a gate installation. It also has relays to control access to the gate from the camera interface. I have the smaller version at my front door. I'd probably run a Cat5/6 line out there and do Power Over Ethernet.
Wildmen03
AG
I have a ring doorbell. I use a plain netgear wifi extender to bridge the gap between my door and router and it works great, easy setup.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.