U-verse vs Direct TV

631 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The D
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We switched over to AT&T for mobile service last week, and I was chatting with the rep about whether or not I could get a discount as I've already got U-verse TV service and AT&T Fiber. He said he didn't think so but we could probably get a discount if we went over to Direct TV, and it turns out with a few different discounts we can save a good chunk (like 40 bucks a month).

So for anyone that's had both or is currently with Direct TV, can you offer any sort of comparison? My experience with satellite has always been at relatives' houses in remote areas where the signal drops when it's cloudy, just a generally negative experience. We're in northwest Austin if that makes any difference, any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
agproducer
AG
I liked DirecTV when I had it, but the signal would cut out during heavy rain. Overall, we were happy with the service, but every few months, once we got out of contract, I had to call and threaten to cancel to get the cost down.

We had DTV for 6 years.

Last year, we went only to streaming. You may want to explore that option as well.
UpstateAg
AG
We switched from charter spectrum a couple weeks ago to fiber and dtv. So far, so good. We have the wireless he receiver on our second tv and it's pretty great.
fig96
AG
Thanks y'all, it looks like they're waiving fees for the switch and offering a gift card so it's a pretty good deal. Still doing some research but I'm leaning towards giving it a shot.
JSKolache
AG
If you're running fiber, you should be streaming TV. Don't pay them cable TV money too.
fig96
AG
JSKolache said:

If you're running fiber, you should be streaming TV. Don't pay them cable TV money too.
I've thought about it, not sure how the deal I have on fiber may change if I drop tv service though. I'll check into it.
The D
AG
I have U-verse and att mobile and get a discount
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.